Lower Drinking Age to 18 edited first post to state my argument

Nothing good comes from letting 18 year old's get drunk, they tend to fight more over women, fight over principles they tend to know very little about, run off with the mouth and piss off others leading to more fights. My grand parents owned a bar that had the 18 year old's drinking before they raised it to 21 and i can tell it was hell for them having to deal with kids so young getting drunk causing more problems than was needed. Most people that age are very disrespectful and alcohol only amplifies that and leads to all sorts of confrontations that end in fights with someone hurt or dead.

this happens with the 21+ crowd as well though

If you think you are mature enough to drink under 21 and have a valid argument as to why it should be legal to drink under 21...you are not mature enough to be drinking at all. Regardless of how "adults" act now at the age of 18 you are talking about a bunch of adolescent cry babies who find every reason to blame society for their feeble problems. You pair that with alcohol and you get a catalyst that causes a snowball effect no one would be ready for. For the most part at 18 you are either in high school or just entering college, most have just gotten their licenses, found their first love or are currently at war with their "over bearing" parents. The problem with the average youth is they think they are entitled to everything, they believe the world is out to get them and everything bad that happens is the end of the world. It's like a spanish soap opera in their heads and you really want to give them ability to legally drink?

Children OD now on drugs and alcohol and you seriously want the government to legalize drinking before 21. Hell they want to up the age for getting your drivers license because most 18 year olds are too damn immature to listen to anyone. At one point I was a big mouth know it all but eventually I MATURED and realized everything my mama told me was for my own good. I learned a lot between 18 and 21, regardless of how much drinking I did in between. I was mature enough to understand the do's and dont's.

As far as other countries and their legal limits the argument there is invalid simply because they also work, marry and grow up at an earlier age in a lot of other countries. Some places you go and a 16 year old is living like their 25. America's teen isn't ready for a lower alcohol limit they still have mom's titty stuck in their mouth and this I'm invincible mindset, don't have to answer to anyone or own up to my mistakes attitude usually doesn't make it's exit until you are away from your parents or old enough to start your own life and understand the world won't hand you nothing.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

This might be far fetched, but instead of lowering the drinking age limit. Start applying the "Blow and Go" breathalyzer in new driver's and current driver's cars. And modify it to have live video so an operator (like OnStar) can see them breathe into the check device, before vehicle is even allowed to start. It may seem like an extra step but one that may curb drinking and driving, or excessive drinking in general.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

This might be far fetched, but instead of lowering the drinking age limit. Start applying the "Blow and Go" breathalyzer in new driver's and current driver's cars. And modify it to have live video so an operator (like OnStar) can see them breathe into the check device, before vehicle is even allowed to start. It may seem like an extra step but one that may curb drinking and driving, or excessive drinking in general.

no. carry on

I'd like my tax dollars to go towards that instead of illegal's pockets....aside from the cost to do it, this could work, plus it'd give more people jobs i suppose? to help monitor drivers...a lot of them though...i know i start my car at least 5 times a day...multiply that by all the drivers on the road that would need to be monitored at the same time...not downing the idea, just sounds a little expensive i suppose, and perhaps time-consuming to get it in place

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

When I hit 21 I slowed down alot. Partying was crazy from 19-21. I didnt even go to a party for almost 6months after my 21st and the first time I went to vegas was only 6months ago...not that long before my 22nd birthday. Out of my friends that were all fresh 21 I was the only one who did not throw up...get lost..lose a wallet or have a alcohol related incident. Im not saying I'm more mature for my age but I fee some of us..including me...got most of the partying/drinking heavily out of the way before I was 21...legal or illegal..didnt much care.

I would never drive if I had any alcohol what so ever...my parents always had the philosophy that I shouldnt b drinking but if I ever did they would come pick me up..with no reprocussions..that way i wouldnt drive or be tempted to drive. That being said I still wont drink a sip if Im the driver...not one beer not anything. There is a delay in reaction times that are noticeable just after that first beer...enough, that in my opinion, could make a difference in an accident and could be the difference between getting home or riding in the ambulance. Ive had my fair share of close calls on the road...and some I feel i escaped because I have better reaction times than some people due to racing for a big part of my life. Any alcohol negates whatever advantage I might have...and I want to have as much of one as I can.

/end rant...

AND do I think the age should be changed. ehh.. I like the consumption idea change the age to drink not buy...It's going to be done regardless and lowering the age to drink/not buy will not affect criminal charges applied to DUI and buying for minors..but it will stop the unecessary citing of people 18+ drinking at a party for instance. There are those that are responsible and have DD's and they shouldnt be given infractions over that. JUST MY OPINION..everyone has one.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

This is an age old debate that is always brought up and discussed time and time again. I believe most of those under 21 are going to be for it and everyone over 21 will be like ah no that is too dangerous. The problem with America today is that we are too ignorant of what goes on in the world around us and we are too self centered. I believe I bring a fairly unbiased opinion since I am 20 and just about to turn 21.

I go to a merchant marine academy currently and have already sailed around the world on a few ships. I've been to many places where the drinking age was only 18. And I have to say, all the 18-21 year olds there that were drinking at the bars with us guys were way mature and had a much better respect for alcohol. This was definitely the case in places like Australia and New Zealand that I visited. I believe this age works in countries like this because they are all brought up with a drinking age of 18. This rules out a lot of the younger teens who are beginning to want to drink and socialize. In turn, what this does, is greatly reduces the amount of people who have to drink illegally. I dont think there are as many 17 and younger kids who want to drink. So this basically reduces the amount of illegal drinking. And illegal drinking often gets more out of hand than legal drinking. If you know what I mean hahaha.

With this all being said though, I don't think we could lower the age in America with the current views of alcohols from minors. Things would get too out of hand. We have to be slowly brought into it over a long period of time.

So yah in your debate I would definitely bring up the success of 18+ drinking ages in other countries.

The drinking culture is completely different in other countries, when I went to Greece this summer I went out with some of my friends from there. When we went out they had 2 maybe 3 drinks and that was it. They don't view the whole experience as 'we need to get drunk to have fun' which is the norm here for people my age. People are also exposed to alcohol at a much younger age there, it's not out of the ordinary for a parent to give their kid a glass of beer when they're 15. Then again the entire lifestyle over there is different, so for them it works.

Yah. Exactly. That's why I pointed it out. But I said it wouldn't work out with our current culture

let the actions of a few dictate the lives of many. You might have a future in politics.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

let the actions of a few dictate the lives of many. You might have a future in politics.

:roflmao:

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived