Sonic Electronix

Aftermarket Insurance. Where to start?

I'm getting ready to setup the insurance for my truck/build. I could use some help as I've never used aftermarket coverage.

I have a used Crescendo 5500 amp. How will the insurance company know the value if I don't have a receipt? And roughly, what would a shop charge to do a 20cu ft b-pillar wall w/ 4 18"s, 3 batteries w/ rack, amp w/ rack?

Can I have coverage on the install, even if it was done by me? As in, can I be covered for the cost of a shop to do the build+materials? If so, how do I go about doing this without a receipt for the install cost?

Will the insurance company send an adjuster to verify what I have?

Thanks guys.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

I have progressive and with them, I added coverage for it. I pay a little more each month, just a couple bucks, but I gave them the value of everything I have. just told them I want $800 of coverage on the wife's car, and IDK how much I told them on my car, 2-2.5k or something. With my build log, I have photos of everything as well as online order receipts from where I bought from. If it all got stolen they are supposed to pay to replace it. It falls under additional interior accessories of value or something.

I'm getting ready to setup the insurance for my truck/build. I could use some help as I've never used aftermarket coverage.

I have a used amp. How will the insurance company know the value if I don't have a receipt? And roughly, what would a shop charge to do a 20cu ft b-pillar wall w/ 4 18"s, 3 batteries w/ rack, amp w/ rack?

Can I have coverage on the install, even if it was done by me? As in, can I be covered for the cost of a shop to do the build+materials? If so, how do I go about doing this without a receipt for the install cost?

Will the insurance company send an adjuster to verify what I have?

Thanks guys.

I have never used aftermarket insurance but one of my close friends and customers had his truck broken into and they stole his Avic D3. He didn't have any kind of special coverage on it but the Insurance company (It's military I forget the name) covered the replacement of his dash which was cracked in half and the D3 with a brand new unit. He was even able to speak with the company handling the purchase to get a newer model HU from a different brand in his truck (He got a Kenwood DNX instead of a replacement Pioneer) and it only cost him a difference of $155 plus his deductible. His insurance came out took a look at the damage he showed him the manuals and plugs from the D3 (to prove he had one) and they sent him to a shop that will cover all repairs and the reinstall of his new HU. It actually worked out pretty good in the end.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Dave, curt the guy on my team with extreme rover has state farm I believe. With them he was able to insure the entire build from the work he did to the equipment. Iirc he has 400 hours into the box at $100/hr...40000 plus another 35000 in coverage for the equipment. His policy is only valid when it is on a trailer tho.

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

usaa full coverage covers all my gear, from theft, fire, accidents and water damage

That's the insurance company USAA my friend has that I mentioned above. I couldn't remember the name for shit.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Thanks for the advice guys. Josh, that's insane...jesus.

I'm still trying to figure out what to say to my insurance adjuster without having receipts for the install and used amplifier.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Just call and ask what you would have to do to get additional coverage for your stuff. They should be able to tell you everything you need to know and what you need. Mine didn't even ask me for receipts or anything, just told the total amount of equipment that had to be covered. I also gave myself a small buffer just in case.

i have usaa as well. make sure everything is documented. build logs are really good for that sort of thing. you cant cheat the internet time stamping of your post.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived