Second Skin Audio

18" Subs That Can Handle Over 6000watts RMS

Hmm I'm just going to go out on a limb and say you haven't heard them in a great box with bandwidth.. It's rare to hear any setup sound good on Metallica, especially when they're tuned low with a ton of port. I think your being a bit closed minded to think that the XS v2 CAN'T be a good rock/sq sub. That would be completely enclosure dependent. I wouldn't consider any of the above choices as SQ at all tho, Especially throwing that much power to it lol.

I'm not trying to be biased here, but if you went to an event such as finals and saw what they can do, nobody would need to convince you on what to buy.

Metallica sounds sweet on my box! That's my measuring stick. If they can sound at least close to as good as it does on my box with my RE 18s, they're a candidate. My box is tuned to 35hz with 10.6 cubes net and 129 inches of port area.

that's the thing, you made yours for rock music, most boxes with XSv2s are for comps which are burps or low end groundpounders that SMASH lows like gary killian(who burps in the low 20s). Not many people out there buying a 4in coil sub to play rock music.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Metallica sounds sweet on my box! That's my measuring stick. If they can sound at least close to as good as it does on my box with my RE 18s, they're a candidate. My box is tuned to 35hz with 10.6 cubes net and 129 inches of port area.

that's the thing, you made yours for rock music, most boxes with XSv2s are for comps which are burps or low end groundpounders that SMASH lows like gary killian(who burps in the low 20s). Not many people out there buying a 4in coil sub to play rock music.

Those specs above are not rock music box specs. That was my point. Not designed specifically for rock, but the subs still sound nice. In fact, I took one sub out to compete at the last 3x event, and that ONE 18" SUB in a 10.6 NET cubic foot box with a large port still sounded better than most 18" subs I've heard. At 10.6 cubes and a big port, I still listened to Metallica on one sub in the box for a week and it was decent. Not as good as with two, or course, but still listenable. Not trying to say my shit doesn't stink, just saying that the sub is the difference for SQ more than the enclosure (within reason).

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

B2 XC. I have 4200 daily to mine and run them full tilt. They barely move and never even warm up. Burped a [email protected] ohm to each at finals in marysville

Although you prolly wont like the prices

Not sure if you missed it but you should go back and take a look at these subs again. I dont know if you got to hear Phillip 's car at finals but he is having good luck with his on a ton of power.

http://b2-audio.com/xc.html

Team NorthWestSPL

B2 XC. I have 4200 daily to mine and run them full tilt. They barely move and never even warm up. Burped a [email protected] ohm to each at finals in marysville

Although you prolly wont like the prices

Not sure if you missed it but you should go back and take a look at these subs again. I dont know if you got to hear Phillip 's car at finals but he is having good luck with his on a ton of power.

http://b2-audio.com/xc.html

Somehow I missed that quote, Mitch. Those look good. I guess I now have three on the short list. Too bad I never saw or listened to Phillip's car at the 3x.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

I can't believe no one said IA warden

He has already shot down other subs because their RMS isn't close to 6k at all. The sp4 is 2.5k and so are some of the others that have take that much power but not rated for it. Closest out of everything thrown out there is dc level 6.

It's not so much that I've shot them down Chris. More like keeping them in mind, just not the top of the list. The SMD and DC 6 are at the top of the list be because there are guys like Steve that have documented pushing them with 6000+ on a daily basis. I'd put the SP4 up there also if someone stepped up and said they were giving them 6000+ daily for a year or better. Haven't heard that. So far only heard that they COULD do it. Big difference in my mind between could and did.

Not to bash the big man Steve but I have never seen him clamp more than 6000+ out of his pair of amps per sub, I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting at most 5k clamped out of each pair of amps.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I'm just going to go ahead and double post.

You say you want a sub that is proven..? Why don't you take a look at WF records and see which sub dominated the music classes? Crossfire XS v2. Idk about you but I didn't see a single lvl 6, sp4, or SMD take anything home. Not that they aren't great subs but you want to buy something that HAS and CAN, not MAYBE.

XS v2= beefed up SP4, both are built by ascendant/fi

You say you want a sub that is proven..? Why don't you take a look at WF records and see which sub dominated the music classes? Crossfire XS v2. Idk about you but I didn't see a single lvl 6, sp4, or SMD take anything home. Not that they aren't great subs but you want to buy something that HAS and CAN, not MAYBE.

Sp4 is a FI Q on steroids. I'd go with a sp4 if you have the money. The XSv2s leads have been known to go, which is a weak point IMO.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Sp4 is a FI Q on steroids. I'd go with a sp4 if you have the money. The XSv2s leads have been known to go, which is a weak point IMO.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

X2, I think you're backwards CJ.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived