Second Skin Audio

18" Subs That Can Handle Over 6000watts RMS

I think my SP4's are cross-bred.

I'll verify when I get out of class.

Yep, V2 with sp4 motor

IMAG0579.jpg

Interesting. Did you get them new or used?

One thing that leads me to say the SP4 and XSv2 are brother and sister is that I heard that Crossfire was getting upset that they were not able to get recones and parts for their subs because they were being used to build another sub as well(possibly the sp4).

Bought 4 of these from Ray. Kinda surprised he didn't disclose this, I don't know any better, first experience with these subs.

Now you see why I said what I did.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Looks very similar to me.

XSv2 has a triple stacked motor vs a double stack on the sp4 and the sp4 uses a spider pack with spacers where the XSv2 does not.

Both 4" coil subs built by the same company, but built for different purposes.

425664_3179887868077_1592094545_32703990_391838801_n.jpg

ad4531ac-5df3-62f7.jpg

IMAG1166.jpg

IMAG1167.jpg

You ever heard the saying never judge a book by its cover

Yes I have. See the picture below. I believe that shows that my statement of the sp4 and XSv2 being very similar subs, but built for different purposes, is possibly true.

Yep, V2 with sp4 motor

IMAG0579.jpg

Yep, V2 with sp4 motor

IMAG0579.jpg

One thing that leads me to say the SP4 and XSv2 are brother and sister is that I heard that Crossfire was getting upset that they were not able to get recones and parts for their subs because they were being used to build another sub as well(possibly the sp4).

Bought 4 of these from Ray. Kinda surprised he didn't disclose this, I don't know any better, first experience with these subs.

You sure he just didn't get a black basket and stitched leads?

Yep, V2 with sp4 motor

IMAG0579.jpg

They may have been out of the silver baskets and spider spacers when they were built. This just proves what I am saying though. XSv2 and sp4 are both built by AA/Fi. Parts appear to be interchangable. They are still 2 totally different subs built to do 2 different things.

i havent played much matalica but i do listen to rob zombie korn and manson alot and it sounds great in my setup find someone to let you try out a sub or 2 in youre box b4 you knock the sp4s or xs2s so on and so forth have you ever listened to a system with 12k + going to each speaker i had clamped 14k going to 2 15s at a point shits loud and hard to drive and that was my old setup havent thrown power to my new one but im guessing when i get my 10 to 16k going to the subs i wont be able to drive for shit because i can barly see straight as it is when i drive on some songs now

No, I haven't. And that's a great point. I don't plan to drive around with these babies at full tilt. Honestly, I'll probably have the gain turned down nearly all the way for regular daily driving. I just want it capable to handle full tilt when and where I want it to. And maybe....just maybe....I'll double my power, strap amps and burp 12k to each sub in competition. I drive around right now with my stuff at full tilt at around 148-ish SPL and it's hard to see on certain bass notes, especially the long ones. LOL. And that's just 3000 watts, give or take.

i play mine full tilt atm but im only pushing around 3700 to 4 15s so thats almost 1k a sub im also running around 1k for my mids and highs as well i play it daily i have meetered it as i would b cruzing down the street and got 48-50s at the headrest with the front windows down overkill is always the best way and i will not say anything wrong about being picky but just think you should try a few things out hell i have a few team mates that might be getting rid of their sp4sand im prolly going to switch my 15s out soon hell if you were closer ide let you try out my 18 conversion i still havent even put power to it yet it has seen a 50 already but glue detatched and spider riped so it does have a fresh recone seince you are on the forum use it to try stuff

american bass 1100.1 2 hertz hdp4 m&h amps hertz xls audison voice mids and highs 4 fi hybrid subs 1 xs power g31 batt and 6 banks of maxwell caps big 3 mechman 270 singer 350 and another singer 300 amp alts 7 runs of 4/0 TEAM bass drop meca s4 2011 153.7 db at headrest 4 15s

@Orionstang....No worries bro. As long as it's entertaining and/or informative.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

Not to bash the big man Steve but I have never seen him clamp more than 6000+ out of his pair of amps per sub, I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting at most 5k clamped out of each pair of amps.

How does someone say estimated wattage isn't accurate without a proven clamp as he then gives an estimated wattage. Look, if you think 6,000 is impossible or even unlikely then you should buy one.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Has anybody who's posted actually run this much power to a sub besides tank03?

I ran a 7.5k to an m1 lvl 6 12 and it took every second of it. We eventually killed it(me and Ray West) trying to see how low it would go full tilt. Did a 143.xx at 25 hz out of the trunk of my Mustang before imploding on itself.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Huh, wonder what it would have done in a better environment, like a small hatch. Still, 143 at 25 is nothing to sneeze at....especially in a trunk.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

Archived