Escalade EXT (4)Rockford T2 12's (UPDATE 12/3/12: Complete! Video & Pics up)

The T2's can work in a sealed enclosure according to Rockfords website. Would have been stupid though with a blowthrough 4th hell even a 6th. I know you guys are trying to save space but why build something not optimized for its fullest potential? If space was the issue should have just used 2 instead of 4.

Because his boss is an ass lol. Why not sell 2 more subs? He made more money and the customer is none the wiser. Ya I know there site says that but talk to a tech or even do trial and error with em like I did and you'll find they don't like sealed very much. But maybe I should lay off lol. It's not bikers fault and at least he's giving us sweet pics to talk shit about lol. Continue biker. Let's see moar. !!!!! And I do like the box design anyway even without the port.

2012 nissan frontier

UNDER CONSTRUCTION>>

Its a sick build for sure. Especially the way they mistakenly made the RF logo. He said a week long build so everyone should just wait for pics and videos. Maybe we will all be surprised since it seems no one believes that these will work well in a sealed box except the builder and the RF website.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Bunch of haters in here. Im stoked for the end result and will be looking forward to some more pics and vids. Lookin good!

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Bunch of haters in here. Im stoked for the end result and will be looking forward to some more pics and vids. Lookin good!

Dont think anyones hating as everyone agreed that the equipment is top notch. Its just some are taking it a little overboard in saying how they feel about the subs being in a sealed box.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Dont think anyones hating as everyone agreed that the equipment is top notch. Its just some are taking it a little overboard in saying how they feel about the subs being in a sealed box.

The customer bought the equipment. This will be the customers vehicle. The customer gets to decide sealed or not. Everyone has their own taste in music and sound and some people just prefer sealed enclosures.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

This is rockford fosgate were talking about. Their subs perform well in sealed enclosures.

Just because it says "Rockford" on it doesn't mean it perform well in a sealed box. Lol If that's the case I'm puttin Rockford stickers on my Skar's so I can go sealed and fit more of em. Don't get me wrong it will perform but not well. Hell any sub will "perform" in a sealed enclosure because it will still produce a wave. I'm Sure it'll hit and probably be decent but not 10k worth

Again not being a dic or nothin as I know it's not ur call. But sayin "this is Rockford were talkin about they perform well in sealed boxes" just kinda sounds a little tard ( this is meant in a kidding way, if u really r retarded I'm sorry) :)

I didn't mean to put it so simply. Apparently our Rockford Rep was the one who reccomended the sealed box. Sound quality is a factor for this particular customer. I mean if it were my truck the bitch would be tuned at 28 hz. But part of customer service is making it work for the customer and even though he wants the truck to throw down, he want's it to sound super clean. SQPL? call it whatever you like. I know none of us on this forum prefer sealed boxes, especially not with SPL equipment. But again, the decision was not mine to make in the slightest. So lets all just accept that it's sealed and see what she will do anyways.

i hate to sound critical but there is a reason that rockford fosgate does not reccoment sealed boxes for the t2's.... it might hit some bass notes and all but that is a complete waste of that equipment.... i hope that guy who payed for the system doesnt know much about audio or he is going to be pissed the hell off...

might as well throw 2 10's in there and port em right ... cus thats what its gonna sound like....

and i understand its not your decision cuz you just work there... but your boss or manager or whatever should know better...

lmfao my boss (the owner) asked me once if you can hook a dual 2 ohm sub into a set of 4 dual 4 ohm subs wired in parallel. He's a dumb ass

Ya he should just do sales. Lol. Tell him to stay away from installs

That's about all he is good at. And many young guys don't like being sold audio gear by a 55 year old guy. But anyways we're waaaay off topic now xD. The box is finished now. Tons of fiberglass inside and out, 1" MDF, bracing, the whole nine decibels. I pulled wires today for the front stage, the XS power 3400's are in, head unit has been installed. Mechman shipped us the wrong alternator (self exciting). So once we get the new Mechman 370 in, we can install the amps and get this bitch bumpin'.

Another final note regarding the client; He spent the money for the best rockford has to offer. But he is not paying us to do anything *too* special. So before anyone asks "why did you not flush mount the amps" or asks why we didn't make it look like a show truck, the simple answer is that it's not a show truck. It will be a clean, solid, and classy install without going overboard. All of the equipment is there, top notch fosgate. It is possible for a truck to sound show quality without going overboard.

you should have your boss call Rockford and talk to the tech's over there they would fall off there chair's laughing if he said he was putting 4 T2's in a sealed box, thats completely going against manufacture recomendations and makes no since at all, i garentee ur customer is going to be one pissed off mofo when he finds out he only got half of what he paid for when he talks to someone that knows what they are talking about

There are 3 problems with your post.

A.) I doubt the Fosgate rep that recommended this design to us would fall off his chair laughing.

B.) The customer paid for 4 T2's, 2 2500bdcps, among other equipment. Unless you see me with 2 T2's and a 2500 in my ride, then your statement is invalid.

C.) "Sense" would be the correct word choice in that context.

Quit over analyzing this. And more importantly, quit talking shit. "i garentee ur customer is going to be one pissed off mofo when he finds out he only got half of what he paid for when he talks to someone that knows what they are talking about". For the record, I know exactly what I'm talking about in this regard. I think I've more than proven that. So congratulations sir, you just made yourself look like a complete ignorant asshole. Learn how to present your argument in a dignified manner. It's funny how quickly the tables turn on the ignorant.

I'm sure this is a troll account anyways. You're welcome for my wasted time.

Archived