ICE ICE POLO (ROBolop Design)

tuned in for SURE.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Thanks dudes.

About the install of the polo, the limit won’t be as high as in the BMW.

Don’t forget this is a car for daily use, and that also means I don’t have months the time to work on it.

I’ll have to plan carefully when I can work on it, and when I can’t.

We’re not going to let ourselves down by that. When something isn’t finished, we can still drive it.

What the plan with all my different components is, I’m already 99% sure.

The tweeters and the mid’s are coming onto the A-style.

For the 16cm’s (Focal KRX3) I’m probably going to make floor-pods. I’ve got enough space cause the car is an automatic. And when I see how my wife places her foot while driving, I don’t foresee any problems.

About the 4 subs, I doubted for a long time.

First I had the idea to buy a Focal 27 KX.

focal-27kx.jpg

The idea was to place it into the spare-wheel, but I couldn’t find enough liters for that kind of sub. Another big problems was that the spare-wheel isn’t placed in the center of the trunk, so it wasn’t possible to place the amplifier and all the rest.

The spare wheel still needs to be used in an efficient and quick way..

• 3 weeks later...

Finally , I started on the Polo.

I searched the net to find some pictures of what could be hiding behind the carpet, but then I decided to take it all out anyway. Sooner or later, this was inevitable.

The spare wheel, well, that has to stay. The intention is that this stays easily accessible, in case we need it.

In other words, I’m going to make this install so that, in case of a flat tire, my wife can take the wheel easily and safely.

DSC04814_resize.jpg

On the right side you can see there’s not much that can be done here.

It’s the place of the petrol tank, I’d better not cut this open do I ?

DSC04819_resize.jpg

On the left side I’ve got some more place to work with, but ho wand what, I’m not quite sure.

DSC04818_resize.jpg

Then I placed a piece of MDF on the bottom, and looked what kind of emplacement is possible here.

I was at first a bit disappointed there wasn’t enough room, cause in my case, you can’t have enough room!

The intention is that the sub-box is placed against the rear seats. This will be in favor of the pressure, and also the looks will be much more pretty.

DSC04820_resize.jpg

What I do know is that I’ll place hem under diagonally. The view will be more spectacular and more beautiful, I think.

About the PPI (amplifierà), I’ll have enough space to work away the cables in an appropriate way (L and R)

The equalizer is something else…There’s no room for that. You can see that I got it out of its housing, and I placed it ON the amplifier. It looked OK in my opinion.

But I’m not there yet. First of all I’m going to calculate how many liters are necessary for the subbox, the rest will turn out from its own.

Because the floor needs to go all the way up before you can access the spare wheel, I had to make a hinge first.

So I started to saw 2 little alu plates of 10mm thick.

Then I screwed them together and drilled 22mm holes in them.

These holes I oppressed with a lager of 22mm.

DSC04825_resize.jpg

“Oppress” sound really professional, but I did it quite simple…

As you can see, I placed the plate between the bench. After that I took a cap, which was a bit smaller than the lager, and then I turned it all together. Simple

DSC04828_resize.jpg

The result.

DSC04832_resize.jpg

DSC04838_resize.jpg

The alu plates will be mounted on a bracket, which is already in the polo (from the factory)

DSC04842_resize.jpg

DSC04844_resize.jpg

DSC04845_resize.jpg

I screwed a bolt through the lager, an M8.

DSC04848_resize.jpg

DSC04855_resize.jpg

Once I did this on both sides, I connected these 2 with a U

DSC04862_resize.jpg

This U is on the inside 18mm. There I’ll place the wood in.

You can also see that the wood will be placed diagonally

DSC04859_resize.jpg

really awesome to see a new project from the legend

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery