Sonic Electronix

Upgraded but no noticeable difference...

Okay so I had an old rockford fosgate power mono amp that was rated at 500w at 2ohms and i had two kicker comps SVC 4ohm subs wired to 2 ohms.

Now i have a Hifonics Bxi2010d and two kicker cvr's DVC 4 ohm subs wired to 1 ohm and there is really no difference in sound i have also done the big 3 since i hooked up this amplifier up and my voltage drops from about 14.2 down to 13.5 or so.

So my question is why is there no difference with atleast tripple the power i have read the the hifonics amp has been clamped around 1800w, I am still using the same box as before but with less impedance and more power shouldnt there be a noticeable difference?

What are the specs on the box? If it's a prefab box, youre probably choking the subs so they cant play to their full potential.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Box, bro.

Damn, ninja'd ^

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

To many things come into play. Are you sure your at 1ohm? If your using a prefab box then there really won't be a difference but still should see some improvement.

Check your wiring to make sure it's 1ohm. You may think it is but we all make a mistake assuming it is but it's really not.

Also some pics will help.

Yeah, you could be at 4 ohm. Which would explain it.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

I will post pics tomorrow when the sun comes out lol. And yes it is a prefab box only because i have a single cab truck and have hardly any room, I have also never built a box before and builing a wedge shape box seems kind of challenging... nor do i know of any box building programs really and i know that a bigger box that is ported would make it a lot louder which is why i was thinking about doing a blowthrough but i did stuff the box with polyfil i dont know if it actually helps or not but even if the box isnt huge and is a prefab shouldnt i notice a difference with adding that much more power and half the impedance. I also did double check the wiring i did positive on one voice coil to negitive on opposite voice coil on both subs and then took the positive on each sub and wired it to the amp and same for both negitives.

Edit: Box is sealed and about 1 cubic foot per woofer

Yeap, it's definitely the prefab, you should definitely be a lot louder with the equipment you have if you built a proper box.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Yeap, it's definitely the prefab, you should definitely be a lot louder with the equipment you have if you built a proper box.

I know with the right box it should be way louder but shouldnt there be a difference even with the same box with the bigger amp and less impedance or does the box affect it that much?

i went from an aq 2200 to a dc 3.5k and gained nothing..absolutely nothing lol and my box was no prefab.. it happens man..but i changed my box and gained a good amount ;) its in the box

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Archived