Chevy V8 basic MPG improvements?

Thinking about doing a CAI on my truck, supposed to help gas mileage a bit (and every bit counts in today's world...) plus new plugs & wires are going to be going in. Any suggestions or any other ideas of what I should do?

POTATO!

Intake, exhaust, possibly a tune if its in the budget, and most important a very light foot lol.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

cai, exhaust, and true tune. my truck is a 99 5.3 z71 with 3.73 gears on 33s and im getting 19 on the highway running 80 im sure if i was to run the speed limit i would actually get alot better

99 Gmc sierra extended cab

front speakers: DB drive 6.5

back speakers: DB drive 6.5

amp: none right not

subs: none right now

Future

waiting to get my 2 skar vvw 8s installed

cai, exhaust, and true tune. my truck is a 99 5.3 z71 with 3.73 gears on 33s and im getting 19 on the highway running 80 im sure if i was to run the speed limit i would actually get alot better

Wow, sounds like what I need. Same truck pretty much, but I won't be on 33's, lol, just standard all-terrain tires. Maybe gonna try to find a set of newer Chevy wheels and pop 'em on. But what exhaust would you all recommend then? And where would be the best place to find a "true tuner"?

POTATO!

ive got exhaust and an intake will probably do headers in the summer and i still get shit for mileage. oh i also have 8 batteries and a wall and dual alts :( that hurts the mileage a bit.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Wow, sounds like what I need. Same truck pretty much, but I won't be on 33's, lol, just standard all-terrain tires. Maybe gonna try to find a set of newer Chevy wheels and pop 'em on. But what exhaust would you all recommend then? And where would be the best place to find a "true tuner"?

my exhaust is 2.5 inch from cats back to two single chamber spintech mufflers then all the way out the back. i had all the pipes bent instead of buying a kit. and i am also about to put some long tube headers and get rid of cats.

For a tuner i used Wheatley in Houston. hes a great guy to deal with just look him up online at gowheatley.com and email him and tell him what you want done to it. he will send you a new pcu and you just plug it in and go through the security bypass and have fun. youll gain about 30 hp and torque plus gain some good mpg.

99 Gmc sierra extended cab

front speakers: DB drive 6.5

back speakers: DB drive 6.5

amp: none right not

subs: none right now

Future

waiting to get my 2 skar vvw 8s installed

chip/tune it to start, thats going to give you the biggest improvement. Then better filters/intake. I have a 05 tahoe, superchips makes a bad ass flashpaq tuner that works for the 4.8 and the 5.3 that will help you.

my exhaust is 2.5 inch from cats back to two single chamber spintech mufflers then all the way out the back. i had all the pipes bent instead of buying a kit. and i am also about to put some long tube headers and get rid of cats.

For a tuner i used Wheatley in Houston. hes a great guy to deal with just look him up online at gowheatley.com and email him and tell him what you want done to it. he will send you a new pcu and you just plug it in and go through the security bypass and have fun. youll gain about 30 hp and torque plus gain some good mpg.

Wheatley or Blackbear Performance for the tune, definitely. The superchips handheld tuners are decent, but they are nothing compared to a full tune from one of the aforementioned shops. Expect to spend around $250 to $350 for a custom tune, though.

Also, a low temp thermostat and electric fans, if you dont already have them.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Wheatley or Blackbear Performance for the tune, definitely. The superchips handheld tuners are decent, but they are nothing compared to a full tune from one of the aforementioned shops. Expect to spend around $250 to $350 for a custom tune, though.

Also, a low temp thermostat and electric fans, if you dont already have them.

only down side, is a BB tune only last 1 time.

Archived