Lexus ISF Tuned with 6 Mic Array - Thanks Rockford Fosgate!

I need to hear one in person to really appreciate how it sounds. I always heard with sq you lose the bass side of it. With no experience with sq I wouldn't hate on sq just didn't look into it. It sounds like I made a mistake on not checking into it more. Ignorance hurts at times. To satisfy my curiosity how dose this compare to a auditorium/concert hall set with pink noise?

You don't have to lose the potential for bass, you just have to make it blend. One of the beautiful things about a level controller is you can build a bigger sub-stage and lower the level for "sq" applications then crank it back up when you want the bass to be the focus again.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Cool beans! Interesting to see the eights up front playing sub duty along with the SMD in the trunk. Is this car setup to be a single or two seat SQ car?

i find myself using JUST the front end with a little of the woofer in back. The up front bass is so killer, i don't need much for most "real" music (with musicians and instruments etc). When it comes to bumpin some rap music, i can lay into the bass a little more.....because i CAN. Oh, it is setup as a 1 seater right now. I have 4 presets though and i can switch over to something for 2 seats real easy. I just don't want to. I like it how it is. It sounds plenty good on the other side too but ya, its time aligned for the driver at the moment.

Ha ha, cool. It sounds like someone is re-enjoying his whole music collection. :D From all I've seen and read this ride is a force to be reckoned with. Maybe it's time to shake things up in the SQ comp scene. :) Congrats on the killer setup.

The difference between my 'stang in the SQ mode and Bass Mekanik Mode (typical):

SQ - Volume at 60, Punch EQ at 9 o'clock, Sub level at -18

Bass Mekanik - Volume at 62 (max), Punch EQ at 12 o'clock, Sub level at -10

Equalization, crossover settings, etc. all stay the same in either mode.

It's kind of funny really how a car stereo is treated so radically different from a home stereo. For example, when was the last time you turned the volume, bass, and treble knobs to their maximum setting (simultaneously) on your home stereo? Why then do so many do that in their cars?

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

i use a combination of Regina Spektor and the Focal CDs to tune mine. Unfortunately, I only have my ears to go by.

:)

Hint - if you have a girlfriend, she can hear better than you as women generally speaking have better hearing and are more sensitive to pitch than men. I used to give my ex full access to my 1/3 octave EQ and let her have at it. She asked me what each of the knobs do and I told her to raise and lower each to their maximum and minimum positions and she could get a feel for what area they affected. Then, I'd let her have at it. Of course, I'd give her something that had all of the basics nailed - all speakers were in phase with respect to one another, crossover points were fine tuned to eliminate peaks / dips in the frequency response, no panel rattles or vibrations, etc. She would sit in the car for a few hours and listen to her favorite music and just tweak away. When she was done, I was typically blown away by the results and typically left the EQ settings exactly as she set them. If I looked at her results on an RTA, it was really quite amazing how smooth the response was from one octave to the next. Occasionally, I could pinpoint a problem or two that she was unable to resolve just by listening that could be simply corrected with like 1/8th turn on the respective control on the EQ and done.

This is also a great way to get your significant other involved in your hobby. When you're giving your demos, she'll be telling your buddies, "I tuned it."

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif