dog24fret Posted November 12, 2012 Report Posted November 12, 2012 First off I would like to apologize to everyone I have ever laughed at for the midlife crap. Including some on here I have realized it's real after thinking it was a joke. The last few months I've been going from real depressed about my failures. To I want to grow my hair back out put all 13 earnings back in. Get another mini truck with a gear driven 454,65 mickeys street legals on a 9" rear with 373 gears under a tubed bed. Been remembering everything I should have done and shouldn't have lol. Well today a youth came to me with some problems he wanted to talk about. He is in collage for music recording/business management and applied engineering. Well he helped me more than I helped him. He made a statement that he wanted to accomplish something in his life. Then asked me what mine were. I first said nothing cause I'm not where I wanted to be or have the things I wanted. Then it hit me what I have done. I have a wonderful wife who loves me for me not what I was. Great children. I have had art work published in mags all over the world the recent was RC car action in 07 got third. I have driven and seen 45 states the worst was Cali lol. No it was New York when the cops tell you not to stop at red lights at night they mean it. I have play pool on the amateur circuit and got lessons and rub shoulders with the like of Steve "the miz" Mizerak,Milace"captain hook"Sigel. Jammed or hung out with GnR,Alice Cooper,Metallica and Stryper. Got to train or run with the 88 Olympic runners which was cool. Trained by Carl Ellis for CC in high school he was a 3 time Boston marathon runner. I have had many open doors that I wasn't smart enough to walk through. My fault no one else. May not be rich or have my own home and business. But I'm rich with family and memories of things I've done. Just because you may not be where you want to be in life. Doesn't mean you haven't accomplished anything. For those who are just really starting out with their dreams. Don't ever lose sight of them and don't give up cause it gets hard. It will pay off one way or another maybe not the way you want. But maybe even better if you think about it. Sorry for long post I just needed to get it off my chest. Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
dog24fret Posted November 12, 2012 Author Report Posted November 12, 2012 Hope someone gets something from this. Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
audiolamb6 Posted November 12, 2012 Report Posted November 12, 2012 to true bro think about shit like that alot now
Raptorman Posted November 12, 2012 Report Posted November 12, 2012 Quite inspirational, indeed. Cool post man, thanks. 1996 GMC Sonoma Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass 2 Ampere 5k's @ .5 TEAM FI TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said: Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.
SLAYER1805 Posted November 12, 2012 Report Posted November 12, 2012 Nice inspirational read man. I'm only 17 and this motivates me to try harder to achieve my goals in life, I have quite a long way to go and I only hope its gets better from here
dog24fret Posted November 12, 2012 Author Report Posted November 12, 2012 Thanks I just hoped it would be good for someone. It opened my eyes some lol. Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
Colin - STAPUFT Posted November 12, 2012 Report Posted November 12, 2012 Well said bro. I feel you. Thanks for that. 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
nautical7 Posted November 12, 2012 Report Posted November 12, 2012 Well said. You don't need to have a lot of money to live a rich and meaningful life just enjoy what you have and don't work your life away if you don't have to.
LT.Smoke Posted November 12, 2012 Report Posted November 12, 2012 Nice inspirational read man. I'm only 17 and this motivates me to try harder to achieve my goals in life, I have quite a long way to go and I only hope its gets better from here I think the moral of Dog's story is take EVERY opportunity to move forward in life because you blink twice and 30 years has passed you by and there is no turning back the hands of time Live life to the fullest and dont regret shit Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
dog24fret Posted November 13, 2012 Author Report Posted November 13, 2012 Well said i Nice inspirational read man. I'm only 17 and this motivates me to try harder to achieve my goals in life, I have quite a long way to go and I only hope its gets better from here I think the moral of Dog's story is take EVERY opportunity to move forward in life because you blink twice and 30 years has passed you by and there is no turning back the hands of time Live life to the fullest and dont regret shit Yes sir, I put things off like so many of us have. You know I'll get to tomorrow or next week then 25 yrs pass,not 30 you tring to make me old lol,and they didn't get done. I don't regret most of the things I did or didn't do,can't say the things I regret, just wish I handled it smarter. Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.