175.8db With 1 9910z And Stetsom 7k

PaulO2288

Well isn't the RE van filled with concrete and it weighs like 12k right? Also I had two 3512's in a prefab and they sounded pretty damn good off of a 600 watt amp so it makes sense that they are hitting such high numbers.

yea...i talked with a guy who helped build the RE van at WF in 2006...he said they even re-enforced the frame with I-beams...and it was full of 40.1s

i likes me some audio stuff...

wow... all the mis-information in this thread...

I'm very very surprised more of you don't know who Alan is, and what kind of damage (and the number of people who use) DD in the lanes. Of coarse this is strictly a SPL alignment. Who knows what kind of enclosure he uses, but its very efficient. Its only for the eyes of the builders and judges. He is a very intelligent man and understands acoustics far more than most of us. Props on the score, I can't wait to see what he hits this year.

He did set the world record with a single 18 ;)

I'd like to point out he competes in Extreme 1, whereas Edge Audio competes in Extreme 5+

crxsilogozz5.gif

I have owned just about every "commercial brand" sub out there (Rockford,JL,Pioneer etc.) and my 3515 that I currently have is the most well built sub I have seen or used. You can definatly tell they spare no expense with their products. I am by far no expert but I think its crazy to say DDs have no sound quality.

TDH FTW !!!

DD isn't really the be-all-end-all of woofers, It is great gear but there is other stuff out there as good, maybe something even better dare I say. My DD setup is in my avatar while it was nice I am looking for something that can play music loudly in a daily setup. I only bought the gear because it's about the only semi-decent brand we have access to over here. What I'd do to be able to run Fi.....

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

yeah, i know music wont get THAT loud...but it'd be nice to see some setups where DD get crazy loud and play music. not necessarily 1 10", but like 4 15's or somethin :D i'm sure they're out there...i just cant do the research atm :P better advertising imo lol

springtime, or when weather is 50+ degrees for a few days my wall with two 9518s will begin. :)

well the Z is meant for ALL OUT SPL. the 9500 is a BASASS loud sub with some GREAT SQ. thats why my next upgrade will be to DD

welcome aboard! :lol:

My DD setup is in my avatar while it was nice I am looking for something that can play music loudly in a daily setup.

i love my DD(s)

altho charger, they are power hungry and is going to take more then just ddz1a to properly power two 9515s and make them come alive!

springtime, or when weather is 50+ degrees for a few days my wall with two 9518s will begin. :)

welcome aboard! :lol:

i love my DD(s)

altho charger, they are power hungry and is going to take more then just ddz1a to properly power two 9515s and make them come alive!

9915's. :P

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

im referring to his 9515s.

Never owned a 9515

Only ever had 9915s but I'm selling them. The whole point is these 99s need 5kw to really get them moving and when you're talking 10kw of power just for two subs it's a lot of heat to dissipate for daily. They might be great SPL burpers but for daily.....

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

I honestly have to say the 9500 was one incredible sub when i saw it. Well 2 12"s and they had 2000 watts giong to them each and the guy was playing music all day and they were nutty loud and sounded good! He said he had them on 4000 watts each and they took it for a while then they got hot after and hour or so. Only other subs i know that can do that is the APXX, TSNS, TC 5400, etc. The 5400 and the BTL would be considered musical subs imo something that i would run daily no problem. But ive seen the APXX, DD9500, and TSNS daily and it was louder than i imageined and sounded good with a well built box!

My T4k would push a couple 9515 pretty good huh? bout 2.3-2.5k a piece

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Archived