DIY bedliner. looking for experiences

i used a duplicolor roll on on a box i did and it turned out awesome. I used almost the whole can on a box but it looked great. as stated the single kits do not provide a thick enough coverage to warrant doing. you either buy two kits or have a raggedy looking liner. Im going to be doing mine int he spring its just too cold now.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I don't remember seeing you build log.

Its the Dakota tablet mount, blow through.. I have pics of how the raptor liner came out on my truck, it does just as good for boxes too. I though you commented on it my bad lol

I don't remember seeing you build log.

Its the Dakota tablet mount, blow through.. I have pics of how the raptor liner came out on my truck, it does just as good for boxes too. I though you commented on it my bad lol

LOL, your right, I did comment on it. I hadnt had my coffee yet. :pardon::D

• 3 weeks later...

I have used both Duplicolor and Herculiner on my vehicles. I used the duplicolor for undercoating because it was cheaper, the I used Herculiner for the bed because it was more textured. I sprayed them through an old school primer gun with an absolutely huge orfice. My opinion on either of these is they suck. They both look really good, but unless you use four or five coats the metal underneath tends to start rusting.

I'm glsd I have a bed cover for mine ... This seems like alot of work

Can't wait to see how it turns out GMT400 brother ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I paid for my truck bed and tool box to be sprayed by a local shop. They put this rubberized, chemical resistant stuff on there that is super thick. It looks like rain drops.

It cost $450, but it was well worth what I paid for it. I am still in love with it and it looks way better than any other diy job I have ever seen. After two years I can degrease the bed and wash it and everything still looks like they just sprayed it.

• 2 weeks later...

I did prep work like crazy on my truck, and used the herculiner kit. Looked AWESOME after I got done. 6 months later it started to fade and I could see where the coverage wasn't as good, so I'd recommend 2 gallons of herculiner if you go that route (if you're spraying it, I bought their cheapy spray gun kit).

But I have heard very good things about the Raptop liner.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Archived