Second Skin Audio

What is the technical term or name of this particular designed enclosure?

K.C.

oh and for the record. Just because I'm a mod and an admin does not mean i give up the ability to express my thoughts and ideas. I've been around a long time. Ive seen him saying the same stuff for years. With the same excuses. The only way you're going to be impressed is if you have never been in anything loud. He preys on noobs who dont know any better. There is not one seasoned person who thinks what he does is impressive. If you want a one off design that will blow you away try to talk John Nolte into designing you a double shot. I really hope for your "friends" sake he loves it. inch thick mdf isnt cheap and thats just more money thrown away.

who are you talking about here? PWK designs? not challenging you in any way but if his designs are so terrible then why does the world record SQ champion run a 6th order designed by PWK? it's an honest question not trying to be sarcastic.

who might that be? you realize there are many Sq champs out there right? you do also realize that SQ is an entirely different animal than groundpounding or spl right? Where very little is based on the substage right?

Scott Buwalda's Silvia, yes I understand that it's a completely different world of competition, like I said i'm not trying to be sarcastic or challenging your statement in any way I just want to know why Scott Buwalda which iirc has the highest scoring car in every type of sq competition in the world, I know the bass isn't everything but it has to count for a big part also in the scoring correct?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

actually no. Im almost willing to bet there is a woofer up front in that car too. and the rear gets turned off for SQ. Ive seen the original versions of it. It was already a master level SQ car before. For the SPL portion of SQ if you top a 140 you achieve a full score. now you are talking about scott bulwalda as well. Here is a list of hours and people who helped.

Lead Designer, Installer, Vehicle Owner and Maintainer, and Project Financier: Scott Buwalda

Vested Project Time: Approximately 7,000 physical hours and 2,000+ hours in planning (and this number keeps growing!)

Vested Project Funding: Approximately $175,000.00 of personal funds

Lead Interior Fabricator: Dwayne Blackwood

Vested Project Time: Approximately 1,000 hours

Lead Hardware and Software Engineering: Clay Howard

Vested Project Time: Approximately 1,500 hours

Lead Digital Audio Interface Software Engineer and Lead Graphics Engineering: Kevin Lewis, JK Labs

Lead Audio Engineer: Jeremy Carlson, JK Labs

Vested Project Time: Approximately 1,500 hours (and this number is growing every day in 2010!)

Performance/Engine Building: Simon Drummond

Vested Project Time: Approximately 500 hours

Other Volunteer Project Assistants: In addition to the above noted volunteer supporters of the project, Scott Buwalda would like to also thank several individuals for their support of this iteration of the "Black Betty" project since its beginning in Summer 2007. Here they are in no particular order:

Dave Brooks

Russ Goggans

Jeff Scott

Chris Ott

Brian Kaywood

The above represents several hundred hours of additional labor, putting the project in its current trim well over an estimated 10,000 man-hours!

I dont see a pete luwicki on there do you? Just because of a supposed rumor on DIYMA about him designing for scott doesnt make it true.

SQ is all about imaging and producing an accurate soundstage. not being loud. Its a whole new game compared to anything you would see on the street today.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

thanks n8, my questions have been answered, that's all I wanted to know because I never read anything about a sub upfront for the SQ in that car, makes more sense now since i haven't seen much serious sq people run ported boxes or bandpasses for substage.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

if you ever have the opportunity to take a seat in a genuine SQ car do not pass it up. It will be a very surreal experience. Those guys spend insane amounts of time on their rides to get them to sound the way they do and its truly sick to close your eyes and be able to hear sound reproduced as if you were in a live musical venue. My hat is off to anyone with an SQ car.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

So you built it but have no idea how it works or what it's called

Oh hexibase lol its probably going to suck. Dont worry it will be your fault if so

I would have mistaken you as a troll instead of a moderator/admin of this website. I didn't think I would see an admin type saying stupid shit in my thread. It's something I would have expected from a forum troll. Moderate what you say in my thread and grow up.

You obviously have no idea what a troll is, what sarcasm is, let alone proper performance of subwoofer enclosures. Why didn't you just ask the designer what the enclosure was called? I actually look forward to seeing how much you love the setup. Not even yours, lol.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Damn, he brought up the almighty w7, dude knows what he's talkin about fo sho

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

In a pro wedge. If it meets the incredible reknown performance of a W7 in a prefab, then the design has met his expectations!

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

O.P., what are you expecting from this box. What do you want it to do. I see guys building 4th's and 6th's a lot on these forums but they do it with multiple subs on crazy power + tons of research.

You have to ask yourself what you expect from your sub stage. If you are serious and don't have access to equipment, you will test several enclosures before you find what works.

If you have access to equipment you will have to build less enclosures.

Just listen to the guys who know, i thought i knew something about enclosure design until i joined this forum. I found out different real quick. I still know jack squat, but at least i have a place to go to get answers.

Archived