fox_racin4 Posted December 3, 2012 Report Posted December 3, 2012 I use mine as a normal horn.. It scares people rather then make them move... Its funny to watch tho haha 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
Kidder Posted December 3, 2012 Report Posted December 3, 2012 I just installed a kit in one of my pickup trucks. It literally came with everything you need to set it up it was only $210 shipped to my door so I figured i'd try it out. It gets suprisingly loud for how cheap it was. 4 trumpet, solenoid, compressor, air tank, air lines, all electrical (including relay, horn switch etc.) it even came with the teflon tape to install all the fittings into the tank. In order to get the wiring kit you had to use the "buy it now" option and they sent it for free otherwise to purchase the wiring kit it would be like another 20 bucks.
BurnOut Posted December 4, 2012 Report Posted December 4, 2012 I would recommend the Loudmouth Train Horn Kit from trainhornsdelivered.com The have a video demo so you can hear and see the kit before you buy it.
glockman513 Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 These are lots of fun . . .especially in tunnels. Wish I could get them in my car. If you're feeling DOWN & OUT, it's time to get UP & IN
Herokight Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 You're making me want one now! It seems like it'd be hilarious! Especially if you kept the stock horn. *honk honk.... hooooooonk hoooooooooonk.... HONK HONK MOTHER FUCKER!* Lane AKA HeroKight '96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4 R.I.P. Molliboo $200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands? You hear that????That's a category 5 shit storm coming n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads. ^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^
SMZ2 Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 I know a guy with one hooked up to his stock horn and alarm... So most want to be thieves leave with a turd stain. Plus he will scare the crap out of people by honking it from his remote. My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
ear2ear Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 These are lots of fun . . .especially in tunnels. Wish I could get them in my car. You would be suprised where these things will fit. There is a smart car running around with Shockers, Civic with a K3, etc. You just have to get creative mounting the horns. Maybe the real problem with us audio freaks is that our trunks are taken up by subs, amps, batteries, etc '09 Sierra Ext Cab - under construction (1) RF T2500-1 -running- (4) RF T1 12's (1) RF T1000-4 -running- (2) RF T1652-S Stock alt / battery -plus- (1) DC Power 230a & (2) Kinetik 1800 Buncha OFC Knu Buncha Second Skin Kenwood DDX814 - Alpine Imprint - RF 360.3
OrzechNJ Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 damn.. i wanna get one to lol.. I wander if I can install them right under the hood / over the engine sometimes Loud is NOT pretty Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.
HHR Ed Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 I've installed a few back in the day. Pretty simple. Hardest part is finding space to mount large horns. You can also save 10% with a coupon code FRIEND http://showtimecaraudio.net/shop/horn-kits/hornblasters-shocker-classic-228vx-train-horn-kit/ Ed Lester ShowtimeSPL Host Showtime Electronics Video MarketingMy old Build Loghttp://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl 5 time dB Drag Finalist Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way. Loudest score ever = 171dB 2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion
lifted_silverado Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 I had 2 sets of k3s on my chevy with an 8 gal tank. Easy as hell to install if you know basic car wiring. Fun to ride past pedestrians and blast em lol Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.