Possible to do a Hair trick with a single 15?

you posted this in the ground pounding section, how is a small hair trick with a single 15 a ground pounder?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

you posted this in the ground pounding section, how is a small hair trick with a single 15 a ground pounder?

Im sorry, I had more than one tab when i created the thread.

Mods could you please move this to the appropriate section.

it's possible, but you'd probably have to do a lot of testing. Hair tricks (anything more than just a little hair flopping around, i.e. what you see in videos) on a single 15 isn't easy.

Yeah I realized i wouldnt be able to do anything crazy like in all the videos on youtube....

Do you feel a Ported or Bandpass enclosure would be better?

Me and my friend did one with his Singlw 12 BTL today. its possible

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

it's possible, but you'd probably have to do a lot of testing. Hair tricks (anything more than just a little hair flopping around, i.e. what you see in videos) on a single 15 isn't easy.

Yeah I realized i wouldnt be able to do anything crazy like in all the videos on youtube....

I'd do ported personally. I was able to get a small hair trick off of my 15" M1 Level 5 on an AP30001D in a box tuned to about 36hz...it was by no means anything impressive, but I have seen a couple of decent hair tricks off of similar cone surface area, but those builds have a lot of time into them. It would be a lot easier if you ran 2 15s or 2 18s though.

I'd do ported personally. I was able to get a small hair trick off of my 15" M1 Level 5 on an AP30001D in a box tuned to about 36hz...it was by no means anything impressive, but I have seen a couple of decent hair tricks off of similar cone surface area, but those builds have a lot of time into them. It would be a lot easier if you ran 2 15s or 2 18s though.

Yeah 2 15s would be nice but they are EXPENSIVE to get shipped to where I am ($600-$800) using fedex. Just got 1 in, will have to wait for a while before I can get another one.

Archived