Jump to content

Crazy things we see/hear at work


Recommended Posts

Posted

thought i was going to race dirtbikes for a living (so i guess it counts as work). Was 15 years old and 2 races away from qualifying for my expert plates in a desert racing club. Happened to be practicing on some local trails when I dropped into a ravine at around 40 mph where there was an abandoned vehicle that wasn't there before. Hit it, woke up in the engine compartment of the vehicle since it had no hood on it. the bikes frame where it welds to the base of the triple clamp (handle bar mount) was completely split in two and the front tire was bent into what looked like a "C". Lucky for me I only had a bruised sternum, dislocated shoulder, hyper extended left knee with 5 stitches in the knee cap and some sore ribs. I guess it shouldve been a lot worse so I consider it a blessing (coming to a complete stop into a huge chunk of metal as a projectile doesnt give you much time to think). Never owned another dirtbike since then, new paths opened up for me after that and figured i was to far behind in my racing after recovery given that one should almost be going pro at 16.

i got a friend right now training for outdoors and what not, wish i could ride as fast as him lol sorry to hear that happend. though how'd you get home?? im guessing this was in the middle of nowhere

~ If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ~

Posted

I manage a high volume repo company in our city by day. Every day at the office has some wild shit going down, as a large number of our repos are from inner city folk. What happens in my lobby on the regular can make that Lizard Lick show look like a joke. Ive had my lobby windows busted out, choked the fuck out of a dude through the same window, had guns pulled and pulled a gun myself.... quite a few people have also been shown they way out with me using their face to open the doors... Back when I used to be out on the road, I have been shot at, stabbed, hit with a bat, jumped 6 on 1, had fat bitches chase me down the street in their panties with their big flappy tittys swangin in the wind, caught 2 guys havin butt sex time on their deck, been offered BJ's to leave a car or say I didnt see it, hookers askin me if i wanna party, dudes trying to trade me crack to leave their car alone, had some 70 some year old broad answer her door buck ass nekkid, them tits looked like bleached out raisins....you name it. Needless to say we are on a first name basis with every patrolman in our precinct.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO
Posted

thought i was going to race dirtbikes for a living (so i guess it counts as work). Was 15 years old and 2 races away from qualifying for my expert plates in a desert racing club. Happened to be practicing on some local trails when I dropped into a ravine at around 40 mph where there was an abandoned vehicle that wasn't there before. Hit it, woke up in the engine compartment of the vehicle since it had no hood on it. the bikes frame where it welds to the base of the triple clamp (handle bar mount) was completely split in two and the front tire was bent into what looked like a "C". Lucky for me I only had a bruised sternum, dislocated shoulder, hyper extended left knee with 5 stitches in the knee cap and some sore ribs. I guess it shouldve been a lot worse so I consider it a blessing (coming to a complete stop into a huge chunk of metal as a projectile doesnt give you much time to think). Never owned another dirtbike since then, new paths opened up for me after that and figured i was to far behind in my racing after recovery given that one should almost be going pro at 16.

You don't have to go pro at 16??? unless your planning on racing exclusively SX then age is nothing more than a number. I have friends getting rides right now from some KTM teams and Kawi and are 18-20 racing WORCS and just finished out Baja in 3rd overall pro moto teams...

Im sorry to hear about your crash but alot of riders go through horrible stuff eventually you just have to make the choice to come back or walk away...ill never walk away unless I'm rollin away in a chair...and I'm too slow to ever make a dime riding.

I wouldn't give up man..not unless you are really done with riding...

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Posted

I dont work in a consumer based job, but I recently pulled a massive turbo off of a marine diesel engine because of a bad wire connection on a speed sensor. 38 hours straight not time off no breaks. Got it of found NOTHING wrong with it after tearing it apart, replaced a sensor and put it back together.

Heres some pics of the job

20121213_071105.jpg

20121213_071116.jpg

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Posted

I didnt fill in the gaps for the shit I was exposed to when I go out on Bounty Hunts... We have been shot at... Offered Drugs,Money,Females offering up sex to avoid jail... My shit ranks up there with some of the shit that BigSix has seen and done haha

Ar15 seems to calm people down RATHER rapidly in MOST situations... Some of the people we encounter are SERIOUSLY off there rocker and dont give a fuck about guns

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

 

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

 

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Posted

thought i was going to race dirtbikes for a living (so i guess it counts as work). Was 15 years old and 2 races away from qualifying for my expert plates in a desert racing club. Happened to be practicing on some local trails when I dropped into a ravine at around 40 mph where there was an abandoned vehicle that wasn't there before. Hit it, woke up in the engine compartment of the vehicle since it had no hood on it. the bikes frame where it welds to the base of the triple clamp (handle bar mount) was completely split in two and the front tire was bent into what looked like a "C". Lucky for me I only had a bruised sternum, dislocated shoulder, hyper extended left knee with 5 stitches in the knee cap and some sore ribs. I guess it shouldve been a lot worse so I consider it a blessing (coming to a complete stop into a huge chunk of metal as a projectile doesnt give you much time to think). Never owned another dirtbike since then, new paths opened up for me after that and figured i was to far behind in my racing after recovery given that one should almost be going pro at 16.

You don't have to go pro at 16??? unless your planning on racing exclusively SX then age is nothing more than a number. I have friends getting rides right now from some KTM teams and Kawi and are 18-20 racing WORCS and just finished out Baja in 3rd overall pro moto teams...

Im sorry to hear about your crash but alot of riders go through horrible stuff eventually you just have to make the choice to come back or walk away...ill never walk away unless I'm rollin away in a chair...and I'm too slow to ever make a dime riding.

I wouldn't give up man..not unless you are really done with riding...

I stopped racing competitively after that, and just rode to have fun for a year or two until i signed up with the air force. now i cant afford to break bones or anything...have a contract leaving March 5 for EOD. its really hard to be in the head of the pack coming from northern cali and then going to southern cali...competition is way more fierce down there; i probably didnt stand much of a chance...but it was still an old goal I had where the crash was kind of a reality check. im possitive ill own another bike somewhere down the road.

edit: ya i know you can go pro later on in the game but best series to get recognized around here is Loretta Lyns which is MX and pro starts at 16 still i think...but since it runs right through Honey Lake which is my back yard pretty much, i had the best chance with that series whether i was doing desert racing or mx racing. We get WORCS once and a while too which is my favorite but not as frequently and i couldnt run both series, dad just didnt have the money for it.

Posted

Is another exciting day here is paradise. See my status update from earlier. Job just gets more fun each day.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO
Posted

Lady wanted me to paint her entire interior with brand new BEHR premium, expects the materials AND labor to be $100...............................................idiots these days

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Posted

thought i was going to race dirtbikes for a living (so i guess it counts as work). Was 15 years old and 2 races away from qualifying for my expert plates in a desert racing club. Happened to be practicing on some local trails when I dropped into a ravine at around 40 mph where there was an abandoned vehicle that wasn't there before. Hit it, woke up in the engine compartment of the vehicle since it had no hood on it. the bikes frame where it welds to the base of the triple clamp (handle bar mount) was completely split in two and the front tire was bent into what looked like a "C". Lucky for me I only had a bruised sternum, dislocated shoulder, hyper extended left knee with 5 stitches in the knee cap and some sore ribs. I guess it shouldve been a lot worse so I consider it a blessing (coming to a complete stop into a huge chunk of metal as a projectile doesnt give you much time to think). Never owned another dirtbike since then, new paths opened up for me after that and figured i was to far behind in my racing after recovery given that one should almost be going pro at 16.

You don't have to go pro at 16??? unless your planning on racing exclusively SX then age is nothing more than a number. I have friends getting rides right now from some KTM teams and Kawi and are 18-20 racing WORCS and just finished out Baja in 3rd overall pro moto teams...

Im sorry to hear about your crash but alot of riders go through horrible stuff eventually you just have to make the choice to come back or walk away...ill never walk away unless I'm rollin away in a chair...and I'm too slow to ever make a dime riding.

I wouldn't give up man..not unless you are really done with riding...

I stopped racing competitively after that, and just rode to have fun for a year or two until i signed up with the air force. now i cant afford to break bones or anything...have a contract leaving March 5 for EOD. its really hard to be in the head of the pack coming from northern cali and then going to southern cali...competition is way more fierce down there; i probably didnt stand much of a chance...but it was still an old goal I had where the crash was kind of a reality check. im possitive ill own another bike somewhere down the road.

edit: ya i know you can go pro later on in the game but best series to get recognized around here is Loretta Lyns which is MX and pro starts at 16 still i think...but since it runs right through Honey Lake which is my back yard pretty much, i had the best chance with that series whether i was doing desert racing or mx racing. We get WORCS once and a while too which is my favorite but not as frequently and i couldnt run both series, dad just didnt have the money for it.

Im going through stuff for the Navy...so I'm in the same boat. I'll never sell my current bike though. I've had 3 at one point..but this is the first and only one I built completely from the ground up form a bare frame... I jsut have to take a break riding until I'm through basic and A school ETC...\

What are you doing in the Air Force..do you have a Job assignment yet?

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Posted

thought i was going to race dirtbikes for a living (so i guess it counts as work). Was 15 years old and 2 races away from qualifying for my expert plates in a desert racing club. Happened to be practicing on some local trails when I dropped into a ravine at around 40 mph where there was an abandoned vehicle that wasn't there before. Hit it, woke up in the engine compartment of the vehicle since it had no hood on it. the bikes frame where it welds to the base of the triple clamp (handle bar mount) was completely split in two and the front tire was bent into what looked like a "C". Lucky for me I only had a bruised sternum, dislocated shoulder, hyper extended left knee with 5 stitches in the knee cap and some sore ribs. I guess it shouldve been a lot worse so I consider it a blessing (coming to a complete stop into a huge chunk of metal as a projectile doesnt give you much time to think). Never owned another dirtbike since then, new paths opened up for me after that and figured i was to far behind in my racing after recovery given that one should almost be going pro at 16.

You don't have to go pro at 16??? unless your planning on racing exclusively SX then age is nothing more than a number. I have friends getting rides right now from some KTM teams and Kawi and are 18-20 racing WORCS and just finished out Baja in 3rd overall pro moto teams...

Im sorry to hear about your crash but alot of riders go through horrible stuff eventually you just have to make the choice to come back or walk away...ill never walk away unless I'm rollin away in a chair...and I'm too slow to ever make a dime riding.

I wouldn't give up man..not unless you are really done with riding...

I stopped racing competitively after that, and just rode to have fun for a year or two until i signed up with the air force. now i cant afford to break bones or anything...have a contract leaving March 5 for EOD. its really hard to be in the head of the pack coming from northern cali and then going to southern cali...competition is way more fierce down there; i probably didnt stand much of a chance...but it was still an old goal I had where the crash was kind of a reality check. im possitive ill own another bike somewhere down the road.

edit: ya i know you can go pro later on in the game but best series to get recognized around here is Loretta Lyns which is MX and pro starts at 16 still i think...but since it runs right through Honey Lake which is my back yard pretty much, i had the best chance with that series whether i was doing desert racing or mx racing. We get WORCS once and a while too which is my favorite but not as frequently and i couldnt run both series, dad just didnt have the money for it.

Im going through stuff for the Navy...so I'm in the same boat. I'll never sell my current bike though. I've had 3 at one point..but this is the first and only one I built completely from the ground up form a bare frame... I jsut have to take a break riding until I'm through basic and A school ETC...\

What are you doing in the Air Force..do you have a Job assignment yet?

EOD. Explosive Ordinance Disposal. The navy has it too actually. Its what the movie The Hurt Locker was about, but definitely not that dramatized or intense lol.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 480 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...