not everyone likes the dd-1? some rude comments

i think the issue is people tuning amps with the car on at 14.4 volts then later when you play and drop to 12 volts you get distortion/clipping

i tune with car off where the batts are at resting 12.8

That said, I have always found it made no difference when tuning my set ups, talking 1.5k-6k monoblocks.

Audi A4 Avant

Dual 210a Alts - Spl Dynamics D6 - 2 x Fi SP4 15

Boot Install

Back when I was having trouble with my opti6k I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something so I had another member on here hook his dd1 up to my opti and it showed distortion at 0 gain but my dd1 would show distortion at around 1/4 gain. We ending up hooking both dd1s up to his amp at the same time and his dd1 was showing distortion and mine was still showing a clean signal. I'm not hating on the dd1 just saying my experience with them. Both dd1s were hooked up to his amp in this pic:

i have no idea how that is even possible. I can (and have) taken my original prototype, serial #0001 and put it next to serial #003000 and it would be exactly the same. I could put it next to an HV and have it be exactly the same. I even made a video showing they are all the same. I have no idea what you guys did, i wasn't there but something isn't right.

If you feel the product has a problem, send it in, i will take a look at it. Actually send them both in i would like to see for myself.

This is why I wouldn't mind owning a DD-1 besides the fact that it's great and has set a new industry standard. You get Steve quality service because it is literally his own name at stake. I love someone who stands behind their products, not many individuals or companies are willing to anymore.

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

I'm gonna hate

i think the issue is people tuning amps with the car on at 14.4 volts then later when you play and drop to 12 volts you get distortion/clipping

crap. will be re-tuning then. I thought it was better to tune while you were at 14.4. But that makes sense. Not super worried, it's only 500w

What is the difference from tuning with car on or off? Only thing I see is if you play without the car running then tuning with car off would would be better. I looked thru the manual and did not see anything about that..

crap. will be re-tuning then. I thought it was better to tune while you were at 14.4. But that makes sense. Not super worried, it's only 500w

What is the difference from tuning with car on or off? Only thing I see is if you play without the car running then tuning with car off would would be better. I looked thru the manual and did not see anything about that..

The only difference would be your voltage. Which with the car off is like 12.7. With the car on its wherever your alt charges at which is around 14.4. The reason people will tune with the car off is to account for voltage drop. Cuz when the voltage drops your amp will tend to be easier to distort, clip cuz of the lower voltage. If you tune with voltage already low. Then the stronger voltage means less likely to clip

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

I've seen people talk bad about O-scopes too. And it was because they didn't know how to use them.

Every tool has it's use. Just because a hammer is no good as tightening bolts, doesn't justify bashing it.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

The only difference would be your voltage. Which with the car off is like 12.7. With the car on its wherever your alt charges at which is around 14.4. The reason people will tune with the car off is to account for voltage drop. Cuz when the voltage drops your amp will tend to be easier to distort, clip cuz of the lower voltage. If you tune with voltage already low. Then the stronger voltage means less likely to clip

Think of it like filling a cup. When you tune with the car off, it's like having the cup 80% full when you walk back to the couch. When you tune with the car on, it's like filling the cup to the brim and then trying to walk back to your couch. Voltage drop in this situation would represent stairs in your walk to the couch.

Edited by Lbox88
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

Think of it like filling a cup. When you tune with the car off, it's like having the cup 80% full when you walk back to the couch. When you tune with the car on, it's like filling the cup to the brim and then trying to walk back to your couch. Voltage drop in this situation would represent stairs in your walk to the couch.

Well said lol

I don't have much voltage drop at all but I will go out and re tune with the car off, that's not a prob. So I assume the gain will be less then when the car is running? I also used the -10db track.

I have yet to see or use a dd-1 but still i have heard nothing bad about it until now.

these people claiming the dd-1 isnt all what it is said to be need to bring the proof and not just the only 2 cents they have.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I have yet to see or use a dd-1 but still i have heard nothing bad about it until now.

these people claiming the dd-1 isnt all what it is said to be need to bring the proof and not just the only 2 cents they have.

"My friend's brother's housekeepers boyfriend used a DD-1 once and now he is sterile, damn you D'Amore Engineering!"

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

I'm gonna hate

"My friend's brother's housekeepers boyfriend used a DD-1 once and now he is sterile, damn you D'Amore Engineering!"

hey if he is dumb enough to believe the dd-1 made him sterile we dont need him repopulating anyways.

only if you friend brother's housekeepers boyfriend really did exist, would could have a great time laughing at that guy.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.