not everyone likes the dd-1? some rude comments

i was on a different forum, looking around and someone posted about the dd-1. really a lot of negetive things said about it..here is one message post about it...this does not make sense to me tho, seems he dont know what he is talking about..i can post more info if you want..

You can set up gains with the amp unloaded - results may vary, it's generally ok on lower powered amps where the limitation is the voltage rail inside the amp. Probably not the best idea for high powered setups where voltage droop is a real issue. In all of Steve Meades videos he sets up amps unloaded with a DD1. I don't really agree with this since his target market is people with ground pounders... He also uses a -10dB tone (on recommendation from Rockford Fosgate) to set the gains on sub amps which is completely wrong and will cause up to 10dB of clipping (A LOT) when the headunit is at full volume. The bass lines in modern recordings are around -1dB peak, so a 0dB tone should be used to set sub amp gains. For mids that are highpassed above 100Hz you can push it out to about -10dB, and -15 or -20dB for tweeters. Clipping isn't very audible in subs, so he probably doesn't realise what he is doing (that and he is big headed and won't accept that his methodology is wrong). I always get the feeling when watching SMD videos that he doesn't really understand the science behind what is going on.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Derps will be derps

Though had a guy tell me one time at a local show that a DD-1 is bad cause it's only good for if you were to peak at 40 hz while his oscope lets him set his amp at what his car peaks. Facepalm to him.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

He diddnt make it diamore engendering did but I guess u know more then they so since u do this for a living right?

Who are you talking to?

• Like (+1 Rep) 6

I think most of the people that hate on the DD-1 are those that refuse to pay the money for it just because they have tuned all their systems on their own and haven't had issues, or those that get their system tuned with a DD-1 only to realize that after it's properly tuned they are in fact much quieter than before re-tuning.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

There is going to be people who will hate anything with Steve's name attached it, and it has nothing to do with the product.

• Like (+1 Rep) 9

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

There is going to be people who will hate anything with Steve's name attached it, and it has nothing to do with the product.

Ding ding ding... that right there.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500