How To Make Flushed In Trim Rings

about how much is the circle jig?

hell i need to get one too.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Amazon.com $32 shipped ;)

I do something a little different than the tabs like you do. I cut the outer part of the ring first (to separate it from the wood) then i take the ring with the center still uncut and get my brad nailer, i always use scrap underneath then shoot 2 nails on different side of the pin the the jig spins on. When you done just pry up the center cutout off your scrap board and do it again. But then again i have not tried your way and it might be easier B)

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

i just paid 60 dollars for the jasper 200 and 400 from parts express shipped, and i love em both.... can do sub sized holes and tweeter sized holes with the 200 and 400 in my tool pile....and this set of jigs i wont turn around and sell like the last 200 i had lol...

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

this is a good post. i was always kinda curious. had a feeling i was doing it the wrong way. but i have an old router, so i cant adjust how deep i go. so making several cuts would all be uneven instead of flush. BUT maybe one day i'll go out and buy a new nice router. with a jig and all :)

• 4 weeks later...

i do it the hard ghetto way

i cut a ring for the bottom, then another larger ring to make it flush, and screw them together LOL

sort of like making a sub baffle flush mounted.

i use a drill press though so cutting the circles are cake

that isn't really the ghetto way, at least I dont think so. If you have to make a bunch of flush mount rings i think that way is much faster. That is the way I do it, and it has worked so far. I might give the "meade method" a shot next time I have some.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...