Jump to content

Time to start looking for a new HU...


Recommended Posts

Posted

Well, for the longest my HU stays on when I pull the key, so I just pop the faceplate off and leave it. Well the other day I drove 3 blocks away so I didn't even bother to plug it in, I took off from the light and it fell off. I left it because I figured it'd be fine, I believe I stepped on it when I got out of my car and ended up cracking the aux cable in half. Leaving the other end stuck inside the faceplate. The USB port on my deck was already screwed up thanks to my ex who always smashed her knee up against my flash drives, and damaged the inside of the port. I love the thought of being able to have a equilizer, but with the way my car is set up, I have no room to have one where I can easily reach to make adjustmants. Ever since I seen the Pioneer 80PRS displayed on here by sonic, I was in luuuuv! I am just curious to anyone who have had it or maybe still are using it, how do you like it? How is the "user friendliness" with it when operating it. Also, for those that know of anything, anyone know of any other single din decks that have a lot of band to play around with, I am open to suggestions and looking around, not final on the DEH-80PRS, just love the thought of a actual EQ inside the HU, and still be quality.

Edit: also, does anyone know how accurate the voltage meter on the DEH-80PRS is?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

the 80prs is no harder then any other pioneer. as always with more options there is more to learn. once i get the money for my 4channel ill be running active with it to. its a great hu.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

the 80prs is no harder then any other pioneer. as always with more options there is more to learn. once i get the money for my 4channel ill be running active with it to. its a great hu.

Thanks for the input man. If it lasts me, which I hope it does, I will be running a active set up off this HU also.

Anyone else got anything else to throw in?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

the voltage at the HU isnt what matters, its at the amp.

so as far as accuracy, i'd say not very accurate for the big picture.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Posted

yeah that kenwood does have a 13 band eq and is cheaper but its still missing some features of the 80prs. doesnt have the time alingment, netwrok system, didnt see anything about bluetooth for the kenwood, pioneer has 3 more bands of eq, sd card, and the pioneer has dual 16band l/r eq adjustment. $30 difference with so many more options.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

the voltage at the HU isnt what matters, its at the amp.

so as far as accuracy, i'd say not very accurate for the big picture.

Wait, what are you talking about? I didnt see anyone say anything about voltages lol, are we on the same page here?

Edit: Lol forgot my question about that, your statement is very true, my voltage meter is off my distro block to my amps.

yeah that kenwood does have a 13 band eq and is cheaper but its still missing some features of the 80prs. doesnt have the time alingment, netwrok system, didnt see anything about bluetooth for the kenwood, pioneer has 3 more bands of eq, sd card, and the pioneer has dual 16band l/r eq adjustment. $30 difference with so many more options.

I can agree with that, if it is only a $30 difference seems like the 80PRS comes out on top there.

I do kindly appreciate the input Wade!

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

forgot to mention, i compare the 80prs voltage to a craftsman dmm and it was close. flick the high beams on and would have a short .3drop and the hu read a .2drop. turned the heater wipers headlights and rolled up windows all at the same time and the hu was off by about .1-.2volts compare to the dmm. not 100% accurate but real close. oh and the dmm was hooked to the front battery so the hu is actually getting a close reading to what the front battery is doing, the dmm being off the battery and the hu reading it at the hu could be where the difference was coming from.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

I love my 80PRS. It's got 2 rear USB ports, so you can route the USB ports into the glove box or center console or something. Then you don't have to worry about people kneeing the USB drives!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Posted

You know heres what i had for an idea on the headunit like this that has a volt meter in it now keep in mind this is just something my crazy ass thought up. The voltage difference is because of voltage drop due to the distances in wire correct? Well what if you connected the +12v and ground of the headunit to the location you wanted to measure the voltage of? Maybe it would be that little bit more accurate but you also need to use a little larger wire, probably like 14-16ga or something to run up to the dash so you dont have too much resistance and drop in that run.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1089 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...