Chris Hammer Posted December 18, 2012 Report Posted December 18, 2012 I guess I just have a different state of mind than some.... but my last job if I called in about the weather my manager would say "That's what chains are for...see you 6am" and you bet your ass I would be jobless if I didn't show. i want to go and stuff i need the money, but just pisses me off how they get so pissed at me for saying im going to be late cause of the snow and shit, then people call in sick 2 consecutive days on the busiest weekend of the year, last weekend and they dont even care? and the fact that there not sick, there hungover Yea thats how America works though man. I had the same thing at my last job...people never showed..called in sick every monday or Sunday because they are bitches and can't party...but I had bills to pay. I couldn't take that chance and had to be at work everyday just to make ends meet. If its not crucial to you then F'em...if it is then do what mbdblue said... Make it a game. You gotta learn sometime. 3-5inches isn't super bad Im sure you can do it especially in a front wheel drive car. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
WadeTustian Posted December 18, 2012 Author Report Posted December 18, 2012 maybe ill put collision on the car....... hmmm but fair enough see what happens i guess 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan Pioneer 80-prsB2 Zero.7 2 15s 4inch coil psi recones temp til my subs are reconedFocal P165-v15Audison voce quattro fully activeOnly gonna get louder 146.1 at 38hz 138.x at 24hzBuild log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/
Trey_Dog650 Posted December 18, 2012 Report Posted December 18, 2012 I don't see what the issue is here? Weathers not an excuse unless its a blizzard I bet 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
KillaCam Posted December 18, 2012 Report Posted December 18, 2012 4 inches isn't shit. I don't see what the big deal is. And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. B5 Passat Build Log
will77530 Posted December 18, 2012 Report Posted December 18, 2012 i have bills i dont get the luxury of missing work doesnt matter if im sick or if it snowed four ft i have to be at work if there is work to be done
mrd6 Posted December 18, 2012 Report Posted December 18, 2012 I dont know where you or all the people commenting live, but to those saying 3-5 inches isn't shit, it definitely depends. While I agree in theory, I mean I have a lot of experience and confidence driving in the snow, but not everyone else does and they could be the ones to hit you. If you live in the midwest or somewhere where there are no hills for miles, than yes, if you drive smart and within reason there is absolutely no reason someone shouldnt be able to make it in to work (unless your car is really low) But if you live somewhere with alot of steep windy hills, it can be a little different. Around here in seattle, 5 inches shuts the city down lol. My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
soundstream15 Posted December 18, 2012 Report Posted December 18, 2012 3-5 inc? Lol In PA we get a lot more then that. I drove in a foot if not more and never had issues..if you have good tires and go under the speed Limit then what's the issue? I do see where you are coming from. But no need to make a thread about it. Just go out and practice driving in the snow, to me it is fun:)
sprkn_ranger Posted December 19, 2012 Report Posted December 19, 2012 The way I see it is if the roads are open then you should go to work. Just take it slow and you'll be fine. As far as it being "fair" or not that co workers get away with calling in sick, well that's just part of life. You need to be accountable for your actions and take pride in yourself for doing what's right. Hold yourself to a higher standard and you'll go somewhere in life. Check out my build log! 4 Havocs in a blowthrough http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187506-sprkn-rangers-blowthrough-build/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.