OrionStang Posted December 23, 2012 Report Posted December 23, 2012 Anyone ever sold a car on CL? I am seriously contemplating an upgrade to a 2012 Shelby, or 2013 GT if financing becomes an issue. Lets hear your experiences, good and bad. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
n8ball2013 Posted December 23, 2012 Report Posted December 23, 2012 Youre gonna get tons of lowballers and scanners. If you cab tolerate it you can probably be able to move your car. Its a ton of bullshit to deal with. Especially if you don't hold the title on your current car THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Blue Posted December 23, 2012 Report Posted December 23, 2012 Honestly Car max to sell your car will be the better route IMO. They will give you a fair written offer. You could probably squeeze a little more out of a private party but you know car max is going to give you a check right then and there. Might want to get some new door panels first though lol. formerly known as Blue86f150 its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies. Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive this sux camel dicks
sprkn_ranger Posted December 23, 2012 Report Posted December 23, 2012 I've listed a couple cars on Craigslist and found that 95% of interest is scammers or lowballers, 4% will want to trade you paintball equipment for it, and the other 1% will offer a decent cash offer for it. I've had much better luck with for sale Facebook groups. But even those have a lot of lowballers, but hardly any scammers. I'm with blue, check to see what Carmax offers or maybe just put a for sale sticker on the window. Check out my build log! 4 Havocs in a blowthrough http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187506-sprkn-rangers-blowthrough-build/
Brandonrcm Posted December 23, 2012 Report Posted December 23, 2012 Craigslist is good for cheap shit like $500-$5000, besides that it's 90% trade offers. My brother has a different car every few weeks from craigslist and he rarely ever gets cash offers. Probably would take awhile to sell a car thats not a few grand
K-Swift Posted December 23, 2012 Report Posted December 23, 2012 Don't expect to sell it right away, most people want a "steal" so you get a ton of trade offers and a bunch of "I'll give you my rusted but still running truck and $250 sound good?" Patience is very necessary to deal on C-list. The journey is the reward! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2113-kia-sportage/
OrionStang Posted December 23, 2012 Author Report Posted December 23, 2012 Sticker on the window is probably my best bet. I hope to get consideration for the mods, and parts still to be installed, and maybe a Mustang guy will bite. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
basshead7890 Posted December 23, 2012 Report Posted December 23, 2012 I've sold a 1990 Celica and I didn't take the tag off. My grandmother gave it to me to sell and it was my first time selling a car and I didn't think to remove the tag. I called the guy, he said he took it off, but now its expired and nothing has happened. They guy was weird and said the used to buy coke from a guy in her neighborhood. My Build Log 95 Honda Accord Nook HD+ tablet Team Ascendant Audio 18" 2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D Crescendo Audio C1100.4 2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500 Build log
Dan2427 Posted December 23, 2012 Report Posted December 23, 2012 I've sold 3 cars on Craigslist, a 2001 Honda prelude (9500$), a 2005 300c (21000$), and an 03 Yukon Denali (9500$) the Honda and the 300 both sold in less than 6 days. The Denali I had about 4 weeks. But yea get a lot of people wanting to PayPal you the money cuz they are in the "service" and can't be home or they are sick. But yea I don't think it's a bad deal. Good luck! 2003 GMC Yukon Denali Alpine CDA 117 Redoing Mids/Highs 4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2- 4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt. AQ20K 2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!
Pasta Prime Posted December 23, 2012 Report Posted December 23, 2012 I've bought and sold on craigslist since I first discovered it. n8 is right you get a lot of freeks geeks and hippies but I still think its the best place to buy sell and trade out there. At least in my area. I have found many good deals and even sold some good deals. Shit I can almost make a living off the stuff people give away on there. New build coming........ YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/ Old Screen name: Redrebel66
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.