look what I got for christmas :D

I gotta 33 gallon craftsman air compressor and router and table for it I have been wanting those two things for a WHILE so I'm glad I got these. Now the only thing I was a little bummed was that it's a fixed base router..Which I know isn't at versatile as a plunge router, but alls I really need it for at the moment is too cut holes for speakers with the jasper jig that I still have to get, can I still at least do that? I've read that it can be done but might be a little more difficult.F398BEE8-AD24-487F-AF7F-7BDA6BE95C43-427-0000000B5A368E49.jpgF39127AE-115E-471F-8B66-EA7A49A1E377-427-0000000B60057010.jpg

Nice !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

If I understand it right...

Fixed routers can be adjusted up or down using a screw style clamp.

So what that means is you'd have to drill a hole in the baffle. Adjust the router to the depth you need. Stick it in the pilot hole you made and jig it out from there.

If the router is a plunge that means you can just flip a lever on the fly and move up or down as needed without having to stop and mess with a screw.

If you can't adjust the depth. Your kinda screwed. You could mount the router to the table and make holes like in the first step but idk how easy thtd be.

I've always been told plunge is the only way for car audio. But I'm sure you could make something work.

After looking at the pic closer.. idk. If you can find a plunge adapter like someone else said you'd be ok. It looks like that routers only meant to be mounted.. it would be hard that way.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

You can still use it with a jasper jig its just not nearly as easy

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

If I understand it right...

Fixed routers can be adjusted up or down using a screw style clamp.

So what that means is you'd have to drill a hole in the baffle. Adjust the router to the depth you need. Stick it in the pilot hole you made and jig it out from there.

If the router is a plunge that means you can just flip a lever on the fly and move up or down as needed without having to stop and mess with a screw.

If you can't adjust the depth. Your kinda screwed. You could mount the router to the table and make holes like in the first step but idk how easy thtd be.

I've always been told plunge is the only way for car audio. But I'm sure you could make something work.

After looking at the pic closer.. idk. If you can find a plunge adapter like someone else said you'd be ok. It looks like that routers only meant to be mounted.. it would be hard that way.

Yea I mean I'm not gonna return it regardless if it was absolutely neccesary I'd buy a plunge, but if I can make this work then I'm gonna make it , I still need to learn how to even use the damn things...now is it possible to get a plunge adapter for that model?

I don't think you can get an adapter for it. Its surprising the table came with a fixed base. Most combos come with a plunge. Im not really a fan of trying to use a jasper on the table anyways. Router tables can be a little spooky if you aren't careful

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

nice man!! i need some help making fiberglass door pods!! looks like i know where to go!! haha

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

I don't think you can get an adapter for it. Its surprising the table came with a fixed base. Most combos come with a plunge. Im not really a fan of trying to use a jasper on the table anyways. Router tables can be a little spooky if you aren't careful

Well I'll have to see what I can do with it then, I might get a plunge eventually like I said but I'm

Gonna do whatever I can with this one

Archived