What happened to MTX ???

I've heard people talk about mtx going under.new.management and their quality.go down but then naught out again by someone else and that the quality.is alright but.the price is.to high for.what you get. That's just.word.of.mouth though

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I've heard people talk about mtx going under.new.management and their quality.go down but then naught out again by someone else and that the quality.is alright but.the price is.to high for.what you get. That's just.word.of.mouth though

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I have seen a 22" jackhammer build on youtube. Most of the jackhammer installs I've seen were on Pimp My Ride. The other mtx installs I've seen have been pretty good. Their products do seem expensive though...

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

I still love their older stuff. I've never heard the newer Elite stuff, but it looks quality. Some of the stuff they came out with a bit back that looks all tribal is eh... to me. But yeah- the stuff that MTX did in the late '80s through the '90s was cool to me- Wayne Harris' Terminator, the huge bread truck... fun times.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Mtx is a decent brand, but damn its way overpriced for their quality, if i remember right lenny did a build with a jackhammer.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

I run their Xtreme thunder series 8's and tweeters in my doors. Pretty good speakers but don't like alot of power

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

A buddy of mine ran a 9510 on a thunder elite series amp in the trunk of a cavalier and it was dam loud for a single 10 in a trunk. I picked up a JH5512-04 in the mtx box pretty well brand new for $80 and its alright for what it is, a budget install till I can afford to do a real build.

My local futureshop still has some over their products in but are mainly replacing them with kicker now.

pgsig.png

Well I guess they are gonna try to revamp themselves. But that still means they will have to build that reputation back used to have.

Just found this

PHOENIX, AZ (12.03.12) – MTX Audio, of the MiTek Electronics and Communications Group, announced today that it will be launching a new business strategy at CES 2013. According to Loyd Ivey, President and founder, “this is a fundamental change in the way MTX delivers products to its customers that will bring back the fun, passion, and profitability to the mobile audio business.”

Whole article

http://www.12voltnews.com/blog/2012/12/03/mtx-audio-to-unveil-new-business-strategy-at-ces2013/

Woo hoo! Maybe they will make good on their promise.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Archived