What happened to MTX ???

I was never an MTX fan but at one point in time they made quality products. I find it weird I never seen MTX in anyones builds these days? Have they pretty much dropped out of the car audio world even on the low end??

My first "loud" system was with 2 MTX Road Thunder Pro's. Red surround.

15's in my old Chevy extended cab.

Don't care what anyone says. It pounded, and at 16 years old, I loved it..... Lol.

I don't know where they went. ... But, that company was my first car audio experience.

A local shoo here was selling it last I knew. Have payed enough attention to notice.if they still do. Did have a friend with 2 big bang 12 he bought back in 2011 running them off a punch500.1bd did a 143-144 on an audio control. Didn't sound to had either. Was actually kinda.surprised by.them. rip my friend Brad.... man wish that Guy was still around....

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Cause there pretty expenisve stuff man but they do build good stuff like some of there amps there just really damn expenisve

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

I used one of their amps in my fiance's car (cause it was on clearance) was a Jackhammer 1200 watt amp, was rated @600 watts @2 ohms, birth sheet said something like 760 watts, that thing pushes anything I've thrown at it harder than any other amp I have used that is rated the same. I would buy another but like they said, kinda expensive and I know people have had issues with the amps and subs over-heating.

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

MTX is overpriced, they were selling at Best Buy not sure anymore...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

But when the Quality is there I have seen people spend googoobs of money on this forum. I like the fact no one is bashing them, but how did they lose thier reputation?

Archived