Fish Chris Posted January 9, 2013 Report Posted January 9, 2013 See I knew this little question wouldn't be very exciting, and was hoping not to be completely ignored LOL Oh, so on my RF Bass boosting module, the little plug is wore the ef' out, the little plastic prong is broke, and I have the cable taped in place..... ghetto as shit, right ? Is it possible to get another clip like that one, and splice it onto the existing cable ? Thanks, Fish
Jessica Posted January 9, 2013 Report Posted January 9, 2013 Step 1: Throw away bass boost knob Step 2: get a pac-lc1 and install it Step 3: win. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Rmichael91 Posted January 9, 2013 Report Posted January 9, 2013 Yeah, its just a phone jack connector if I recall. They sell the connectors and crimp tool at Home Depot, Radioshack, Lowes, etc. Just match the wires in order in the connector as they are on the one with the broken clip, crimp, and your set.
Rmichael91 Posted January 9, 2013 Report Posted January 9, 2013 http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-RJ-11-RJ-45-Crimp-TC-CT68/dp/B0000AZK4G/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1357702561&sr=8-9&keywords=connector+rj45 The crimp tool if you wanted an idea on what it looks like. Either rj44 or rj45 connector, I can't tell you the exact one.
Quiet Posted January 9, 2013 Report Posted January 9, 2013 fuck. ninja'd. feelin slow tonight. 2007 Pacifica Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.
sayhuh? Posted January 9, 2013 Report Posted January 9, 2013 Another one telling you to junk it and get the LC1. Well worth it. Blown
08tahoe Posted January 9, 2013 Report Posted January 9, 2013 The same thing happened to my bass knob cord for my bc3500 so I called crescendo and they sent me a new one for $6. So it might be cheaper to buy a new one than to fix the old one.
elflako17 Posted January 9, 2013 Report Posted January 9, 2013 i have had the Pac-lc1 since my first build and i have had no problems 2010 Mazda 3 *Rebuild Time* Subs - (2) AA Mayhems 12's Sub amp - (1) Populus Audio TPA 6500 Headunit - Pioneer App Radio 2 Batteries - XS Power (1) D3100 up front | 6 XP950 rear Wire - Sky High 1/0 Gauge wires and RCA's and steve's VM1 Alternator - Singer 260 Externally Regulated Front Stage: (2) PRV Audio 10W650A (4) PRV Audio 8MR500-PhP-4 (4) DS Bullet Tweets | (2) 6.5 Components (Rear doors) Mids & high Amp : (2) Populus Audio 100.4 Processor: Rockford 3sixty.3 The Build Log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175922-2010-mazda-3-2-aa-mayhems-12-pg14-new-video/page-11
Fish Chris Posted January 9, 2013 Author Report Posted January 9, 2013 Much thanks for the replies guys. I looked up that Pac lc1, and it was plenty cheap enough but all of the extra cables on the thing would be a PITA / extra clutter. My current bass knob is not even mounted, and honestly, I don't think I want to mount it. It just comes up between my seats in a coveniant spot, and most times I ride with it in my lap or beside my leg. BTW, my current bass knob has two control knobs... one for DB's of boost, and one for frequency peak. I use both all the time. What makes the Pac lc1 better ??? RMichael, yea' it looks just like a phone connector.... Maybe I can just buy an 8 or 10 ft cable with these connectors already on both ends.... Will check radio shack today.... and will just bring my bass boost module, to match the plug.... If I can't find a suitable cable with the right plugs already attached to both ends, I wonder if I could "improvise" for that crimp tool. Hate to pay $12 or $15 for a tool I would likely only use one time..... Thanks again guys, Fish
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.