Second Skin Audio

1 sub vs 2 sub

bassfreake

Buy both, try them both, and let us know....

that would be great if I had unlimited funds... the point of asking was kinda due to that I'm poor and was wanting to know if there was any added benefit by buying more subs or if I could get the same effect by just having 1 sub with a little more input capacity and spend a little less money probably and have a smaller box needed and still be able to put out the same kinda outputs

No one on here will give you an answer because there are so many factors that play a key role. Nothing suggested is ever set stone as far as if this will be louder. One set up could blow the other away due to box design, cabin style, build quality of the box, amps, etc etc etc. if we suggest anything it is nothing more than a guess, and we don't want you to take that, run with it, get a shitty result and then flame up of the forum and waste your money.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I'd go with the 4 15s if you can fit the box. Cone area

4 15s u may just have 2k watts right now but start saving money for :morepower1:

ivsmd.png

06 Trailblazer ss

2 Team shok industries tsx 18s
Phoenix Gold ''THE ONE''
2 Phoenix gold 800.4
4 crescendo mp6.
2 crescendo mp8
bass processor

Dc power 270xp

150ft 1/0 ofc sky high cable
1 juicebox lithium 0.5kwh 14v/40ah
kenwood dnx8120
BCAE1.com
YouTube channel : REaudioxxx1
build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160106-trailblazer-ss-xxx/

I was really just asking as a theoretical example I wasn't actually going to go run out and buy a bunch of subs and then get mad if I didn't get the desired result. I just had an idea in my head and was putting it out there to see what it would come up with from ppl that actually know something about this stuff.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

If we are talking about the same sub type in the same alignment (X cuft per sub in all three cases), you would have to do something really stupid for 4 15's on 2000 watts to not be louder than 2 15's on 2000 watt or 1 15 on 2000 watts. In theory, there is a 3 dB step between each one of those. You will never see the full 3 dB since a sub's output is not linear vs power input (power compression, heat, non-linear BL with excursion, etc.), but you will see a decent gain each time you double subs on the same power

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

If we are talking about the same sub type in the same alignment (X cuft per sub in all three cases), you would have to do something really stupid for 4 15's on 2000 watts to not be louder than 2 15's on 2000 watt or 1 15 on 2000 watts. In theory, there is a 3 dB step between each one of those. You will never see the full 3 dB since a sub's output is not linear vs power input (power compression, heat, non-linear BL with excursion, etc.), but you will see a decent gain each time you double subs on the same power

HEY!!! thank you :-) that was the kinda answer I was looking for! see I didn't know about the ~3dB boost for double the subs... I've been playing with subs a little bit for a year or two but I'm still fairly new on the technical stuff of like how they work and how they do what they do and stuff... and as probably anyone that has been paying any attention at all has noticed from the nature of alot of my posts the last few weeks I occasionally get theoretical ideas in my head just kinda a "hmm I wonder if..." kinda thing. but anyway... thank you for actually taking a few mins to actually explain to me a viable answer for my question and including a why

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Archived