Second Skin Audio

Is this true?

CommonSyns

Kicker does have some decent stuff. But would I choose kicker over say any of the partner brands on this forum? Fuck no

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

Kicker.....

50zoO4m.gif

They all move at the same speed to make the sound, the old slogan 15"s are sloppy is from the 1998 caraudio forum, if your not running 2 10"s in a sealed box your gay era.

And if the 15" sounds sloppy, you have a horrible box builder on your hands

:roflmao: Every time I see Kicker mentioned, I always know I'm going to scroll down and find that you posted this pic. lol

2 HDC3 18's

AQ2200D

Kicker.....

50zoO4m.gif

They all move at the same speed to make the sound, the old slogan 15"s are sloppy is from the 1998 caraudio forum, if your not running 2 10"s in a sealed box your gay era.

:roflmao: Every time I see Kicker mentioned, I always know I'm going to scroll down and find that you posted this pic. lol

Its impossible not too, lol

XS-power1.jpg

I have a die hard kicker fan as a friend that says to go with anything kicker. When I told him that I was buying something other than kicker and that I was buying a brand that's not known by him he instantly told me to go with kicker. I then said that I was buying two 15" subwoofers. When I said that he then proceeded to tell me that 15's are sloppy and that I should go with 12's. He told me that 15's have a bad response time, keep playing after the note was played, not "fast" enough, and don't sound as good as 12's. Is any of this true? I'm picking up 15's in the near future and I want a loud, sq, loud playing subwoofer. Is the 15' not this?

The size of subwoofer (or any subwoofer itself), has nothing to do with how "fast" it plays, "bad response" and/or "not sound good" as your friend pointed out. The design of box plays a major role. You know the famous ol' saying goes, "You can put crappy subwoofer in an amazing box design and it'll sound great. Put the best subwoofer in a poor box design and it'll sound bad." Again, we cannot stress enough that the design of box is extremely important and strongly urge anyone to read the manual to learn more about the enclosures.

Although I'm a Kicker fan myself, I have no doubt that there are a lot of stronger brands out there (Fi, Sundown, just to name but a few) that can complete with Kicker. However the most important, in my humble opinion, is this: as long as a person loves the system they have, it's all good. It's no need for anyone to force a person to go with different brand "just because".

Have the local car audio shop do it? Or myself. This will be the first time that I would build a box by myself.

I always let my friends build boxes for me since they have more experience than me. And probably a lot cheaper than audio store. Besides, watching your own friends building a box for you is awesome! :)

Kicker.....

50zoO4m.gif

This kicker only had 200w going to it lol

I have a die hard kicker fan as a friend that says to go with anything kicker. When I told him that I was buying something other than kicker and that I was buying a brand that's not known by him he instantly told me to go with kicker. I then said that I was buying two 15" subwoofers. When I said that he then proceeded to tell me that 15's are sloppy and that I should go with 12's. He told me that 15's have a bad response time, keep playing after the note was played, not "fast" enough, and don't sound as good as 12's. Is any of this true? I'm picking up 15's in the near future and I want a loud, sq, loud playing subwoofer. Is the 15' not this?

The moment he said go with kicker is the moment you should have stopped listening to him. even asking us if such a thing is true makes YOU look bad honestly.

no, it's not true.

I did not mean to make myself look bad, I'm just asking is all.

Why would size make it sound sloppy ?

I have no idea what my friend is thinking but he told me to go with two 12's which I don't want to do.

Kicker.....

Well, I have designs made from Ram-Designs that I was planning on making my self, But now stuff is moving and now I have no tools to build the box so I'm getting a local car shop to build it with the designs I provided.

If you feel confident that the designs are accurate, go for it,

Lazy and didn't feel like deleting all the unnecessary quotes.

Has Ram-Designs made bad designs? I'm not trying to be a sarcastic dick or anything but actually wondering. I bought a design off of him and haven't built it yet. But was a bit curious of the design as something seemed a bit odd. But I am assuming that he knows what he is doing and let it go at that.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

A few people have asked me about designs they have bought from him. They normally look pretty good. I have only seen one bandpass design where the sealed chamber was no where near what was stated on the drawing. Once I saw that, I quit looking at it. Not sure if it was an error in the design or a typo on the spec.

Bottom line - it does not matter who does your design, mistakes happen (I have messed up a few myself). Check the design yourself before you build it. If you think something is off, ask the person that designed it to recheck it and explain it to you. If that offends them or they will not do it, look for someone else to do your design.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

If team Gates could run Kicker, why can't the rest of us

Archived