sold a watch on ebay. buyer wants me to pay to have the battery replaced!

In the ad, did it mention the watch needed a new battery?

And from the look of those pictures, he should have known the battery was dead because it shows the same time on all of them.

No. But would you expect chainsaw to come with a full tank of gas, and then request the seller pay to have it filled by a professional?

I just feel the battery isn't a part of the watches condition...

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

You should have replaced it prior to selling it, and since you did not you should have noted in the sale the battery may or may not last long and needs replacing.

x2.

Depends on you though. If you care about your feedback, it's $5 at most. Replace it. Stupid? Pain in the ass? Without a doubt. But, people are stupid man.

Sheena = pedobear

I would say that the watch was for sale, not the watch with batteries.(and that you are sorry that the batteries were dead, but you didn't want to mess up the watch by replacing them yourself)

It's rediculous that you would have to pay for new batteries, your ad didn't say batteries included, now did it?

Some people just want to get the best/most for a rediculous low price.

It's as if you would have to fill up a car before selling it, you aren't obliged to do it but you can if you want to.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I'm sorry if I buy a watch that's in good condition then I expect it to work when I get it.

Not to have a dead watch now I gotta go and replace the battery.

If you had stated the battery is dead then that's different.

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Did he get the watch already? If so, where does he live? You could tell him (if he lives in a cold area) that the battery could have frozen during shipping, so it's not your problem (as if it is anyway). That happened to my brother, he bought 2 playstation remotes and neither of them would stay on unless plugged into the system. So we took the internal battery out of the one we were replacing and put it in the new one, it worked fine. We determined that shipping it in single digit weather in Wisconsin was the cause of the battery not working.

In short, make him believe that's what happened to his battery ;) But if he lives in a warm climate than just forget the book I just wrote above :P

So you're one of those assholes that likes to make up excuses?

I'll remember that if I ever try to buy something from you

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Why would I pay to have the battery replaced I am selling it? It makes no sense. It's like new cause I don't use it...

I think I am just gonna tell him to send it back and That i I can get the same price or more while mentioning that it's got a dead battery.

And +1 about him trying to get everything he can for as little as possible. I could hear the scammer tone in the message he sent me...thank you all for the feedback

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Archived