sold a watch on ebay. buyer wants me to pay to have the battery replaced!

Why would I pay to have the battery replaced I am selling it? It makes no sense. It's like new cause I don't use it...

I think I am just gonna tell him to send it back and That i I can get the same price or more while mentioning that it's got a dead battery.

And +1 about him trying to get everything he can for as little as possible. I could hear the scammer tone in the message he sent me...thank you all for the feedback

Then it was your responsibility to say that the battery was dead. If it was already a good deal then it wouldn't have hurt your chances of selling it. Why not be honest and upfront? You left out information and the guy is upset about it. Perfectly understandable. Would I have come to you for a battery because of it? probably not. but I sure as hell would have said something and put it in your feedback.

I'm loving how this thread is separating the trustworthy from the bullshit artists. definitely something to remember for the For Sale section.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

When you sell something on ebay you need to make it so you treat them as a child, cause if you don't list every little detail they will find it and use it against you like something as simple as a dead battery.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Say that you sold him the watch. Not the watch and battery - there was no mention or guarantee that the battery was fresh

Did you make sure you say "sold as is" in your post? I always do that if I sell something. Saves things like this from happening

You sold a watch that doesnt work.

Period.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

You sold a watch that doesnt work.

Period.

There is no "period" in this situation.

A game boy with no batteries "doesn't work" until you put batteries in it...

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

I did not think it mattered that much. It's a battery! I mean cmon!

I told him that the battery is not part of the watch's condition and I will not pay to have the battery put in it. then I said that he can send it back my way if he doesn't like it because I can sell it for more.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

bite the bullet send em a battery consider it a lesson learned and move on

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Archived