Hey guys, I have a 1994 Chevy full size 2 door Blazer with the 5.7 350.

It's been sitting for a while, and not driven much over the last 10 years. Motor only has 63k original miles and original tranny.

It has the manual shifting 4x4, but hasn't been shifted into 4x4 in at least 10 if not more years. I'm nervous about trying it out, anything I should do before I try it? Any fluids in front diff or anything like that?

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

my jeep (1982) hasnt been in 4wd in a very long time. I just engaged 4wd and went to an obstacle course yesterday. didnt even think about needing to prep the jeep for it...

I would just take it to a dirt lot and try it out. but I'm no expert lol

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

well it would be good to make sure all your fluids are good . if it was me i would try it in neutral before i tryed shifting on the fly

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

Definitely wont shift on the fly. Even on my brand new Sierra I stop and shift in neutral

It's not a solid front axel. Any way to check the fluid in the front diff?

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Pop it in neutral and try and get into 4x4. Doesnt ever hurt to check the front differential fluid either

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

I don't know too much about 4x4, but I think the axles and differential move even without the 4x4 engaged. It just doesn't get any power unless the 4x4 is engaged, so any driving would let the gears and things moving and lubricated.

Hopefully someone will confirm this or let me know how wrong I am :)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Depends..fords usually have manual hubs which lows you to engage or disengage, and dodge has automatic hubs that always stay engaged.

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

Yes you can check the fluid in the front diff there is a fill plug on the cover. Pull the plug and you may have to sick your finger in to check, if real low you need to top it off. Check the fluid in the transfer case as well. Same thing there is a plug on the back of the transfer case, plull plug and check with finger... As for it not being used, I wont hurt anyting to just pop it in gear and go. It will either work or it wont. You can put into 4hi while driving just not a fast speeds. The only time you need to stop is to put it in 4 low. If it doesnt work its common for the 4wd actuator on the front diff to go out ( wont lock the diff in gear)

Chevy doenst use lockin hubs. they have CV axles.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived