I used VHT Nightshades for my Jeep. I put a thick coat of it on, and ended up having them come out toooo dark. I just went to the junk yard and took out the headlights out of a old caddilac and put them in my tail lights. Problem solved!

Anyhow, if you choose to use VHT, have some Acetone around to at least clean prep the surface of the tail light. Acetone will also remove VHT so if you screw up you can fix it easily.

cantrickzz2_zps4af94aa5.gif

Can Tricks Available

http://www.snoopdan.com

Team Bangn' on a Budget

Don't do it. It looks stupid.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. I think OP should do what he wants with his car because HE wants it. Not to seek our approval.

WP_001265.jpg

WP_001340.jpg

Oh yeah, Im not looking for opinions on whether or not TO do it, rather what to do it with. I've been pretty hardcore on keeping rear bumpers my whole life too, however that isn't the case anymore. I will be going rollpan with a hideaway hitch. The pan will be molded into the bed and it will be a seamless connection that I will fill. I'll be tinting the headlights as well and going with some bright ass HIDs since I'll have to break through the tinted case. I may even black out the front bumper and all of the billet pieces and grille shell

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Lamin-X! Made right here in Blairsville, GA. Easy to put on and take off, available in different shades, and not permanent if you ever want to switch it up.

http://www.lamin-x.com/

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

They make bulbs that can make that happen....

I know the HIDs will have me covered. The taillights will be the ones that I need to cut through the black. I don't plan on going crazy black-just past smoked.

Let us know what you go with for the taillights, I'm going to be smoking my taillights soon too

Totally off topic but did you guys get snow up there today? lol

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

I used vht nightshades, not sure what sand paper my dad made me use but I sanded the glossy look off of the original tail lights, cleaned it up with that special blue sticky towel that's used to remove dust particles off of a prepped car without getting oil or water on it (FORGOT THE NAME) sprayed about 2 thick coats on, let it dry then wet sanded it and put 2 coats of clear coat on, during the day they are 100% black and you can barely see the running lights, but at night they look great. Here's a few pics of them. And Snowdrifter is correct you will get a slight purple hue but i'm sure that can be corrected if you swap out to very bright white LED's or something along those lines.IMAG0704_zpsfe994947.jpg

IMAG0592_zpse7a329be.jpg

IMAG0308.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

They make bulbs that can make that happen....

I know the HIDs will have me covered. The taillights will be the ones that I need to cut through the black. I don't plan on going crazy black-just past smoked.

Let us know what you go with for the taillights, I'm going to be smoking my taillights soon too

Totally off topic but did you guys get snow up there today? lol

Yeah dude, snow Phoenix. I couldn't freaking believe it dude. And the crazy thing is, TONS of people that live in A are transplants from somewhere much colder in the US, they SHOULD know how to drive in it...alas, they do not. It was fucking mayhem...

As far as the tinting goes, I am gonna do the Rustoleum I think. O'Reilly has the VHT spray, but the Rustoleum looks like a good product. If it looks like shit, big deal, I can get a set of factory taillights cheap. I could probably even find some after market ones just as cheap on eBay. I wanna do the girlies white Scion xB as well. I've always like black in white

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived