x-over question

Bmike

Im thinking about using the crescendo pwx 6.5 to replace my factory doors speakers . the range on them go from 83 to 5600 hz. my question is if i use the low pass cut off at 100 on my head unit would that be fine? Is there any other concern that i should have? As far as the tweets go im also looking to use the ft-1 super tweets along with the ft-1 inline cross overs. I think im fine with the tweets but still not sure about the pwx 6.5s. thanks for any help ahead of time.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

yeah my intentions would be to cut the bass out below 100 using the head unit, and more or less would that be enough.

pioneer m650 pros

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

ill be using rockford fosgate p400-2 with them.

pioneer m650 pros

You mean just cut the lows and let it play the rest?

I would filter out the highs to, about from the point where the tweeters come in.

If that's even your question :P

You mean just cut the lows and let it play the rest?

I would filter out the highs to, about from the point where the tweeters come in.

If that's even your question :P

I think that's what we need is to filter just the tweeter frequency and let the hu do the filtering for the mids, will that work?

hu crossover 100hpf to amp then capacitor or passive cross beofre the tweeter

I'm thinking of the mid driver, so you effectively get a band-pass filter on the mid.

yes cut the bass below 100 to the mids and let them play the rest, also i will have a passive crossover for the tweets so those are good, just the mids are of my concern.

pioneer m650 pros

Archived