DC Power 270a Only Making 170@2000rpm On Escalade

So Brian if you're going to defend dc power so much, then maybe you can answer his MAIN QUESTION as to why his alternator isn't producing 270 amps like its claimed.

This post isn't about how much amperage his amp draws, or how sturdy a fuse is, so please enlighten us. Since they clamped the alt and didn't see 270 amps.

Because if you read the information he posted...

He has a 200amp fuse between his d3100 battery which is under the hood and the amp.

He is not really exceeding the limitations of that 200amp fuse, which is why it lasted so long before finally blowing.

An alternator is not going to make 270amps of current, if there is no load worth of 270amps since the amp is drawing ruffly 200amps of current.

which I already stated......

You also said the fuse can exceed the amount of power and not blow, and that some 200a fuses are closer to 300a.

Plus that still doesn't explain why the voltage is so low. If it was putting out 170a and keeping the voltage up that's one thing. But it's putting out less than rated power and the voltage is falling flat on it's face :(

This could be caused by the regulator going bad. IF the internal regulator is starting to go out, then the alt wont be able to keep up with the voltage/current demand.

I mean it could be possible that he has a bad alt :unknw: and all of this arguing is for no good reason.

This is true. DC power is good, but no company is perfect

Since I posted I will try to help. What does the alt(current) and voltage do with everything on, high beams, AC on max, emergency flashers, and system full tilt with a 15 sec sine wave playing at idle and then at 2000k engine rpm?

Answer that and you will have your answer regardless of wiring and fusing. :)

Thanks for trying to help. The system would not play a sine wave at idle or 2000 rpm for 15 solid seconds without going into protect....because the alt is not charging at a high enough amperage to keep the amp alone running on a sine wave. Seriously, it needs 4000+ rpm to even play more than 15 seconds on music before cutting out. I wouldn't even bother turning on all that other stuff. That is what is so baffling. The alt is not producing enough amperage due to lack of things to draw current.

As posted on the first page I was clamping 170a at 2000 rpm with the stereo on full volume, and 209a at 4000+ rpm with the stereo on full volume.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

No never that. Because DC power NEVER makes a bad product!

and n8 NEVER bans anyone :shok:

Exactly my point. But some people will never admit it

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Sadly, I'm not even surprised to see the thread turn out like this.

And for fucks sake, * you're.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived