Second Skin Audio

Dual 15 inch custom box help!!!!!

Well ive been designing a box for my 98 Honda Civic ex 2 Door coupe. Im hoping to start this weekend, I know how to build sealed but never tried ported could you look over this design and let me know if it would work without port noise or anything i may not know about.

I know its small for 2 15's but that about all the space i can work with about 4.3-4.9 cubes

Width can be from 34-36.

Height can only be 16 or i have to remove my 6x9's and i dont wan't to.

Depth can be from 16-22

These are the subs im going with-http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=269-522

did some research these are acutal work good in small boxes and for the price if they blow not a huge loss or if i don't like sell them and get some Sundown E-15's or SSA DCON

bdmfb7.png

cant bump in less than 12 hours, but try torres box calculator, the re box calculator isnt accurate, get around 12-16 port for a slot.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

cant bump in less than 12 hours, but try torres box calculator, the re box calculator isnt accurate, get around 12-16 port for a slot.

K thanks for the info. The thing i dont get about torres what would be a good port width and diameter, what would be a good woofer displacement to use.

If you box can be 16.5h then that box would be of good size for 1 15" only. Then minimum net volume for 2 15" subs would be around 6 cubes.

I think that 2 12s would fit your application if you are below 5 cubes net.

I was going to go with 2 12's but couldn't find any cheap one's that looked good to me. I have 2 kicker cvr 15's in a sealed pre fab box that probably has 1.3 cub per chamber and its loud as hell. but one subs started to make a popping noise when i crack it up still fully functional its not blown,thinking it could be tinsel lead.

I bought the bravox because i went on their Brazil sites with google translator and it said they work well with small enclosers

A question i have is when i use re box calculator and i put port width at 3 and port length at 0 i get a total length of 20.5 but when i use torres if i put everything the way i did in re calculator 0 in length box i get 68 hz. But if i put 20.5 in port length its very close to the hz re calculator gives me.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I advise you take some time before you buy anything and read more around this site. Use the search feature, learn, ask questions Before you decide on a product.

Knowledge is power. And can save you wasted money in the long run.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

you should research this site, alot of useful knowledge to be obtained....I personally wouldn't go with Bravo subs, there are great subs out there for under $200 and you will be blown away by the performance they offer...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Archived