Jump to content

Why do people argue on car audio forums more than other forums?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I am curious about this phenomenon of people arguing on car audio forums. Not just this one but every car audio forum that I have visited. I have worked in the car audio industry since 1989 and although I left the industry a couple years ago I like to stay current on what is out there. I have many other interests as well and I am active on those forums as well.

Jeep forums

Deisel forums

Hot rod forums

Arguments on any of these other forums are rare yet arguing on car audio forums seems to be the norm. Occasionally we get the old guys arguing with the young guys on the hot rod forums about small vs. big wheels. When I started in car audio it was a community (even though there were no forums at the time) but it seems like it has become a brand war. Which is pretty funny since 80% of the industry consists of meciocre product and the other 20% are good products that only 12 people know about.

I am curious to hear what others think about the car audio community and why it is so popular to argue about what brand you think is best and how much you know vs someone else.

You likely have not visited ultra high end SQ home audio forums.. a thread over a RCA cable can get out of hand so easily that after more a few post it gets epic.

Posted

Kicker is the best!

/thread :rofl::P

People argue alot on the civic forums. This exhaust is best, no this one is louder, This race header, that intake, Your wheels are rice, no your spoiler is rice. Shoot me ;)

Its all rice lol

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Posted

DSM forums where bad while i had my talon and XDA developer (phone hacking) is fucking horrible

its the internet (people think their anonoymous for the most part) and can have the biggest EGO they want

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Posted

Kicker is the best!

/thread :rofl::P

People argue alot on the civic forums. This exhaust is best, no this one is louder, This race header, that intake, Your wheels are rice, no your spoiler is rice. Shoot me ;)

Its all rice lol

Agreed, I'm all oem besides the audio Edit and retorfitted headlights.

Posted

say it to my face mother fucker and see what happens

ill call you a big gay fag.... where you at?

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Posted

the internet makes people anonymous so they all think they are bad asses. Ever see what happens when some one is ethugging and gets aired out?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Because when someone is wrong on the internet you MUST tell them so.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 458 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...