I.V Posted March 4, 2013 Report Posted March 4, 2013 14 gauge 06 Trailblazer ss2 Team shok industries tsx 18sPhoenix Gold ''THE ONE''2 Phoenix gold 800.44 crescendo mp6.2 crescendo mp8bass processor Dc power 270xp 150ft 1/0 ofc sky high cable1 juicebox lithium 0.5kwh 14v/40ahkenwood dnx8120BCAE1.com YouTube channel : REaudioxxx1build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160106-trailblazer-ss-xxx/
Mario928 Posted March 4, 2013 Report Posted March 4, 2013 2/0 for mids, but only 1/0 for tweets Thats only if you are running a T15kw- Rockford Fosgate. yeah, but a T15kw is a little over kill on midrange.... midbass maybe at least if they are 6.5" or bigger. lol but for real, I like to run 14-12 It was a joke. Build Under Construction Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514 Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4 Battery = XS D3400 Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger Mids and Highs = Stock Sub= Kicker L7 12" Alternator = 220 Mechman Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill
Mikey Bates Posted March 4, 2013 Report Posted March 4, 2013 10 gauge ofc but only because it was cheaper than 12gauge on sale
skittlesRgood Posted March 4, 2013 Report Posted March 4, 2013 14awg or 16awg depending on what it is. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
bcbrassard Posted March 4, 2013 Report Posted March 4, 2013 12 gauge to cross over with 14 slpitting off from there. I think it depends on wattage imo. Running @ 75 RMS off a T400-4 with good RF wiring. I think wire quality is more important than size. At least that what she said! lol
purplesyrup Posted March 4, 2013 Report Posted March 4, 2013 I went with ---->TRUE AWG 14 Gauge SPEAKER WIRE 265 Strands per conductor vs true 12 gauge which is 296 strands per conductor, vs true 16 gauge which is only 95 strands per conductor Reference is skyhigh car audio
SnowDrifter Posted March 4, 2013 Report Posted March 4, 2013 14ga club here ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Quiet Posted March 4, 2013 Report Posted March 4, 2013 14 gauge unless it's >200 watts. Spend your money elsewhere. 2007 Pacifica Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.
jhmeg2 Posted March 4, 2013 Report Posted March 4, 2013 I had a run of the red/black wire that comes in a coax set from wally world, I don't recomend running 1000 watts through it at 1 ohm, or using it as power wire. Yeah the friends I have, think its a good idea, and they don't always listen to me ////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.