Second Skin Audio

Breaking in

Thanks all currently free airing at varying 20-25 clean low volume rms clamped using a friends meter on a 40 hz tone if I'm doing anything wrong let me know please and once again thanks everyone

Yup. Doing something wrong

Wasting your time, is what you are doing lol :throwrock:

As I said before. Break in isn't a process, it's just what happens when the sub loosens up. It's like when you buy new brakes for your car. Do you put your car up on jack stands and ride the brakes to get them warm? No. Because that's exactly what happens when you drive the car. No need to over-complicate things, it will take care of itself. Make sense? :drink40:

So I don't have to put my car on a lift and ride the brakes????

Damn

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Thanks all currently free airing at varying 20-25 clean low volume rms clamped using a friends meter on a 40 hz tone if I'm doing anything wrong let me know please and once again thanks everyone

As I said before. Break in isn't a process, it's just what happens when the sub loosens up. It's like when you buy new brakes for your car. Do you put your car up on jack stands and ride the brakes to get them warm? No. Because that's exactly what happens when you drive the car. No need to over-complicate things, it will take care of itself. Make sense? :drink40:

Warm breaks are bad breaks... So... doing that would actually do more harm than good. JUST SAYIN.

Unless you like molten break pads. That's cool too.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

Warm breaks are bad breaks... So... doing that would actually do more harm than good. JUST SAYIN.

How can warm brakes be bad brakes? That's what happens when you use them. Kinetic energy transformed into heat energy. It's not good or bad, it's transformation of energy lol.

But you see what I'm getting at? It's just as pointless. Your car's brakes absorb energy and dissipate heat whether you are driving down the road or have your car lifted in the car. A subwoofer is no different - it will move and loosen up. Whether you do that free air or in the box, listening to it makes no difference. It's not like it moves in a way that's less stressful or something.

If you free air it and it's not moving much, you aren't doing anything. The sub isn't moving enough to break in. If you add some power and get it going, then you might as well put it in the box. The suspension and glue joints don't see any more or less stress

I heard once about a train that had lost control going down a mountain. They had a new assistant engineer in the rear engine. Instead of putting on the engine brake he hit the e-stop which locks up the mechanical brakes. The brakes got so hot they melted and lubricated themselves and the train gained so much speed it derailed.

not sure what this has to do with breaking in subs, but its a cool story.

edit;

typo

So I don't have to put my car on a lift and ride the brakes????

Damn

This... Here I've been doing it all wrong

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Your taking a prostitute out to dinner before the deed here, brother.

Throw them in, ease in on them(don't full tilt automatically, but after a minute or two so your entire car warms up) for a few days, then pound the fire out of them for as long as you want after. (Talking about the subs here, not whores.)

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

break them in with the volume knob!

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Your taking a prostitute out to dinner before the deed here, brother.

Throw them in, ease in on them for a few days, then pound the fire out of them for as long as you want after. (Talking about the subs here, not whores.)

fuck that, just play them. nothing more, nothing less.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

How can warm brakes be bad brakes? That's what happens when you use them. Kinetic energy transformed into heat energy. It's not good or bad, it's transformation of energy lol.

But you see what I'm getting at? It's just as pointless. Your car's brakes absorb energy and dissipate heat whether you are driving down the road or have your car lifted in the car. A subwoofer is no different - it will move and loosen up. Whether you do that free air or in the box, listening to it makes no difference. It's not like it moves in a way that's less stressful or something.

If you free air it and it's not moving much, you aren't doing anything. The sub isn't moving enough to break in. If you add some power and get it going, then you might as well put it in the box. The suspension and glue joints don't see any more or less stress

I know you didn't say it snowdrifter but I know it's not dirty cuz its at 10 of 50 volume with no eq settings applied clean 40 hz track and a clamped 500 watt amp set to 20-25 I'd say it's a clean signal

And yeah wasn't exacty making to much sense before that last paragraph and bout the brakes (been a mechanics a he'll of a lot longer than car audio lol)

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

Archived