How do I do this?

I have no licenses/permits, or anything of that matter.. I've shot guns in the past, and I'm not scared of them or anything.. I'm really interested in buying an AR-15 though. I'm wondering what the process would be.

-How much would a decent AR-15 run me?

-What should I expect to pay in taxes?

-What should I expect to pay in fees for licenses/registration, etc?

-Would I be able to carry this weapon in my car unconcealed?

Any other suggestions on a gun? It's basically for protection/shooting at the range.

Not sure on your state as far as fees ask your dealer..And read all your state laws. In Ny we have to have all guns locked in a case and seprate from all ammo .ARs can cost as little as 800 to thousands depending on your wallet. IMO a AR is not the best Home Defense Gun.. If you have others in your home or neigbors that are close i would look to buy something else. Bullets will travel through walls with ease. They are great for the range though..

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

depends where you live but goto a gun store and fill out for a permit if you state requires one,

and the price of the gun depends on what you all want on it

mine without my optics cost me around 900 but i built it with pieces not store bought

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

really depends on the state, as previously mentioned. Here in TN, there is no permit required to own a gun. Just the background check. Only permit required is to carry a handgun.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Glock 19 /end thread jk lol

its state dependant. Go talk to a local gun shop..take a class if you have to and they will gel you through the process. ca is easy pass background wait the required period and answer common sense test

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Yeah , read through them and do it again, make sure you understand everything. I would also recomend reading laws directly from your states web page and also your township.

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

You should first ask yourself what you want this firearm for? If for home protection, stay away from an AR (or any long rifle) unless you live in a rural/country setting. Over penetration is/can be a very deadly issue! For home protection I personally like the Taurus Judge. It's a dual cal. in both .410 shot and .45 long colt. Loaded with .410 shot its a nasty lil sucker in a close quarters environment, and the chance of over penetration is DRAMATICALLY reduced! Plus they can be had for cheap'ish. If for hunting/plinking the AR platform is a great choice for a first gun. Cheap ammo (if chambered in .223), LOW recoil and ubber easy to operate/maintain. If you have the cash spring for a "piston" version over an "impingement." Well worth the investment!

Personally If a person has some experience with hand guns (beyond .22's and .380's), the physical frame and wrist/grip strength to handle it, I feel one of the most comfortable hand guns to shoot is any of the "quality" 1911's. Fantastic ergo frame, crazy accy market, and it's just simply B.A. lol! But I admit i'm a little biased lol.

Consider what purpose you have for owning the weapon... Then figure out your budget... Then go talk to a local gun shop and do some research on your local laws etc so you can remain legal when you are carrying or transporting your weapon...

** Also keep in mind right now that prices of firearms are inflated but hopefully they'll come back down in the near future**

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

prices are up, guns are hard to find, ammo is impossible to find lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived