LsChevy Posted March 31, 2013 Report Posted March 31, 2013 I convinced myself to go ahead and put a couple subs in my truck. I don't want to have to raise my seat or anything, so I'm going with a enclosure from Fox acoustics designed for my truck. But I still have a couple of questions... I know I will not be able to get ground shaking bass out of two tens or twelves, so I'm going for a sq setup. as for power I don't have an amp yet but I don't want to go overboard with power. 1. should I go with two vented 10's or two sealed 12's? 2 what's a good shallow mount dub to go with for under $300
bkolfo4 Posted March 31, 2013 Report Posted March 31, 2013 I run the MTX 12" shallows in my truck sealed and really like them. Have a pair on an AQ2200 at 1 ohm, and they have 43,000 miles on them without any issues. Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
MrBigs63' Posted March 31, 2013 Report Posted March 31, 2013 The Sundown SD-2 series subs. They are not shallow mount, but they are very shallow compared to normal 12s. They are best shallows I have ever used. If you can fit them use them. Most shallows I have used hit high bass but have no low due to excursion I guess. The Sundowns have the lows.
LsChevy Posted March 31, 2013 Author Report Posted March 31, 2013 if I was too go with the sundown subs should I go with two sealed 12's or two 10's ported
x91evo Posted March 31, 2013 Report Posted March 31, 2013 Friend had 2 pioneer shallows. I really like pioneer usually, but these shallows in a ported box didnt even sound great to me at all.And they were powered right at their RMS.So I would look into something ported, like the two 10s idea you just said
john253a Posted March 31, 2013 Report Posted March 31, 2013 it all comes down to air space, through up some links to the boxes your looking at getting and a price for subs and amp
justin0943 Posted March 31, 2013 Report Posted March 31, 2013 go with sundown I got 2 sd-2 10d4 sealed with a t1000bd these thing go hard and hits the low way better then any sub out their watch my video 02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen 2 sundown sd-2 d4 soundstream rub1.2500 amp all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca flex tech box design by Joe X supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch 04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/
LsChevy Posted March 31, 2013 Author Report Posted March 31, 2013 http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=GM%2DCC%2D210%2DV%2D07
boom50cal Posted March 31, 2013 Report Posted March 31, 2013 http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=GM%2DCC%2D210%2DV%2D07 No. No prefabs brother, you'll blow those subs quicker than a 412cvx designed box. Take measurements, post them here, and have someone here help you design a box. It'd be even better if you lived near an SMD member that you could pay to do you a box, except 412cvx. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
justin0943 Posted March 31, 2013 Report Posted March 31, 2013 yeah I'm with boom50cal no prefab box they always sound like crap go to an audio dealer tell them what sub your going to run or just post the measurement and let someone from here help,before I bought the sundown I post a pick of the box design and all the sundown people told me to pull the trigger on the box and I did couldn't be happier with the sound I get. 02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen 2 sundown sd-2 d4 soundstream rub1.2500 amp all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca flex tech box design by Joe X supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch 04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.