Active Capable Head Units; Options

Gotcha. Thank you.

Very nice explanation!

So you can do it with most hu's, the real question is, which one make it a whole lot better?

Unfortunately you can't do it with a lot of lower end models. It is mostly a feature reserved for sound quality oriented decks or those that just have to have "all the options" for being a flagship model. When choosing an active capable head unit, once satisfied with the crossover, I look for the best D/A converter and I/O. What really makes any deck a whole lot better is a CD player that doesn't skip LOL

People still use CD's??? :unknw: Hell, i forgot what cd's even look like ;)

I do! :D Spinning lossless tracks onto Taiyo Yuden media from my PlexWriter all day. I need that invaluable time and flag information so my DAC works to its fullest ability :P Also I get much hotter pre-out voltage with CDs. When I do have to bust out the 3.5mm patch for my friends to DJ it sucks.

qPlblle.jpg

I'm gonna hate

ummmm, USB FTW!

If you can believe it swapping discs is better (to me) than trying to read a small display while driving to browse files. I may also just be lazy, which is a better possibility.

I'm gonna hate

i own the eclipse 5030 and i wanna run active and im not even using this deck to its capabilty. but i will be shortly. i love this deck.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

• 3 weeks later...

I'm enjoying the 80prs

It's a son of a bitch to figure out the menu, but take ur time and it becomes second nature like anything

I like it alot and would recommend it. Only thing is u have to get creative to go 3 way active front stage plus sub since there are 3 RCA outs instead of 4

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

I fired mine up for the first time. It did seem a lil "overwhelming" at first. By the end of MOTOR HEAD disc, i was able to jockey the controls with out even thinking..... Was a bit buzzed also. I think im going to LOVE this deck.

I fired mine up for the first time. It did seem a lil "overwhelming" at first. By the end of MOTOR HEAD disc, i was able to jockey the controls with out even thinking..... Was a bit buzzed also. I think im going to LOVE this deck.

80prs?

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Archived