What i want to do is put another battery in my trunk. I currently have 4awg wiring from my stock battery to my amp. would it be safe to use the 4awg wire to the new battery, then use 0awg wiring to my amp, then use 0awg ground wiring for everything? would this be safer and

more efficient also?

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t1000-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

no. if u put 0 gauge to ur amps and 4 gauge to the second battery u wont get enough power flow...

so i just use 4awg for everything?

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

it would be better if u use 0 gauge for everything ! its better to save up some extra $$ and get it done right.. u might want to upgrade ur system in the future and u will have to do it anyways..

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Use 1/0 on everything.. do big 3, 1/0 to second batt for power and ground, then 1/0 to amp....

Can also do multiple runs of 1/0 if needed..

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

it would be better if u use 0 gauge for everything ! its better to save up some extra $$ and get it done right.. u might want to upgrade ur system in the future and u will have to do it anyways..

okay so take out

okay so i should just completely get rid of the 4gauge and just use 0gauge for everything?

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

Is it safe? Probably, depending on exactly what is being ran. Is it best? Probably not.

Run 0 on everything if you can.

Yes,

The 4 gauge is only good for so many FEET of application.

Yes, the inputs on the amp are that gauge, BUT, you need to account for distance.

1/0 front to back, then step down, with fusing, close to the amp, with 4g.

Or do what im doing, and use nothing but 1/0 and then use a 1/0 to 4g reducer RIGHT at the amp. Tool maker, and or PROJECT DBr

okay so take out

>it would be better if u use 0 gauge for everything ! its better to save up some extra $$ and get it done right.. u might want to upgrade ur system in the future and u will have to do it anyways..

okay so i should just completely get rid of the 4gauge and just use 0gauge for everything?

if ur amps have the 0 gauge inputs yes.. if not, definitely use it for pos / neg runs from front to back and battery groundings.. and do the big 3 ( upgrade front battery groundings and alt wire) all in 0 gauge!

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Archived