Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Cleanest sounding ~1000 W RMS subwoofer


duckapuck

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking to replace my 12" Image Dynamics IDQ with something a little more powerful. I love the clean sound that the IDQ gives off, so I would like its replacement to have similar tight, musical qualities. Obviously the most logical upgrade is the IDMax, but I was wondering if anyone else has any suggestions.

Thank you!

Posted

Thanks for the recommendations. Are there any specific parameters that separate better sounding subs from those that are designed more for SPL purposes?

Posted

Fi Q, AA Havoc. I have a 12" AA Havoc for sale in SoCal if you're interested.

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

Posted

FI Q or havoc

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

Posted

TC Sounds LMS-U, SSA (Icon for 1k) are SQ subs that can handle good power and get low.

Posted

Its expensive. .. but RF T2s sound pretty nice and rated at 1200. But I dont really think there is a cleanest sounding sub..

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

Why not ID max?

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-2900-idmax12-d4-image-dynamics-12-1800-watt-subwoofer.aspx

If you like Image Dynamics why not stay with them. 1k rms..

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Posted

Why not ID max?

Yes. IDMaxes are the shit. So are IDQs.

When looking for an SQ sub you want a low Fs, low Q, softer suspension.

I'm gonna hate

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 558 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...