DCdakota Posted April 27, 2013 Report Posted April 27, 2013 Put 2 sa-8s in that box tuned to around 32-34Hz and I'm pretty sure you'll be happy, they may be 8s but they get loud and low
LsChevy Posted April 28, 2013 Author Report Posted April 28, 2013 is there any 8" sub thats better than the sa8 in the same price range?
kirill007 Posted April 28, 2013 Report Posted April 28, 2013 Two tens would be the way to go. 2 Sa-10 (in a custom enclosure) would be a good start. (2 fi SSD 10's would be a better choice in my opinion.) what make the ssd's better if you dont mind me asking Their response suits my taste more, they play a little flatter.(better sounding in my opinion.) Just model both subwoofers and you'll see which you'll want more. They can handle more power (daily). I wouldn't do 4 8's compared to 2 10's, you need to spend much more money to only get a little louder. (and it will probably be unnoticeable) 4 8's also need more room on the face which could mean you need to sacrifice port area. The motor's would take up more room in the box and so on... 8's are pretty useless if you think rationally, I can barely find any applications where multiple 8's would be better then bigger subwoofers. @LsChevy What do you mean by better then the SA-8? Better at what? Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
Krakin Posted April 28, 2013 Report Posted April 28, 2013 is there any 8" sub thats better than the sa8 in the same price range? It all depends on your system as a whole. We can't really tell you. But as far as 8's vs 10's ( I just said "vs" haha) just remember cone area is king. The sa-8's are an insane woofer. I remember some girl on here that had 2 of them and did something like a 50, let me find and post the log before you quote me on that. But 8's take less space and can still get way down and loud, so that would be my vote. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
LsChevy Posted April 28, 2013 Author Report Posted April 28, 2013 Two tens would be the way to go.2 Sa-10 (in a custom enclosure) would be a good start. (2 fi SSD 10's would be a better choice in my opinion.)what make the ssd's better if you dont mind me asking Their response suits my taste more, they play a little flatter.(better sounding in my opinion.)Just model both subwoofers and you'll see which you'll want more.They can handle more power (daily).I wouldn't do 4 8's compared to 2 10's, you need to spend much more money to only get a little louder. (and it will probably be unnoticeable)4 8's also need more room on the face which could mean you need to sacrifice port area.The motor's would take up more room in the box and so on...8's are pretty useless if you think rationally, I can barely find any applications where multiple 8's would be better then bigger subwoofers. @LsChevyWhat do you mean by better then the SA-8?Better at what? output and sq
LsChevy Posted May 3, 2013 Author Report Posted May 3, 2013 .if i go with the four 8's it will sundown sa 8v2's and the dual 10 option would be dc lvl 4,FI Bl or ssa icon
Sutliff Posted May 3, 2013 Report Posted May 3, 2013 - FWIW: I was always told, years & years ago, that it was all about the "cone space", therefore I would, personally, go with the four 8's. Zeke '14 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/ Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build Pioneer FH-P8000BT Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC) RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP MechMan S Series 240A XS Power D3400 & D975
LsChevy Posted May 4, 2013 Author Report Posted May 4, 2013 - FWIW: I was always told, years & years ago, that it was all about the "cone space", therefore I would, personally, go with the four 8's. thats what i thought but i heard some people say a couple high excursion 10's with a lot of power would be a different story
boom50cal Posted May 4, 2013 Report Posted May 4, 2013 SSD 10 in 1.25 each on 1k. So if you could fit two of them in a 2.4, run them off of a Crescendo BC2k, do that. Then, later down the road, sell the SSD's, pick up a pair of BL10's and another BC2k, and you'll be set On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Sutliff Posted May 4, 2013 Report Posted May 4, 2013 - FWIW: I was always told, years & years ago, that it was all about the "cone space", therefore I would, personally, go with the four 8's. thats what i thought but i heard some people say a couple high excursion 10's with a lot of power would be a different story There is no doubt in my mind that is likely a true statement with the products available these days. Only thing I had to go on was info that I was told when I was introduced to car audio in 1991 as a Sr. in high school ... And probably in most situations, cone area likely is still the rule of thumb. Zeke '14 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/ Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build Pioneer FH-P8000BT Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC) RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP MechMan S Series 240A XS Power D3400 & D975
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.