DC Sound Lab

1.2k shuts down at certain frequencies?

Yeah man. You need to check at the amp. You'd be surprised how much can happen between your alt and your amp lol

Even if you're clipping at -15 you shouldn't be popping into protect at 1 ohm nominal.

My guess is a bad connection somewhere or you have to bass boost up or something. I would go over everything with a fine toothed comb.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

oh no doubt, especially the age of the alt it won't surprise me much whatever it is. I'm getting more voltage gauges, both non-digital, one at the front battery and one at the amp to check differences along the line. Once i get the new alt i doubt i'll have any voltage problems but with my current battery setup i'm still surprised i'm having issues. But being certain songs it throws me for a loop and makes me not think it to be voltage. Because other songs get low and wreck the car and the voltage is the same and it plays through the song. The box was designed by Ray and i built it myself out of birch. Direct speaker connections, no through bolts or speaker terminal cups. Pre tinned ofc speaker wire. I really didn't skimp out on anything lol

Edit: Bass boost is down as far as it'll go on the amp, i've smoked too many subs and amps being stupid with the bass boost settings. If i can't get it with the gain, i need more power lol. I triple checked everything before i turned it on initally but i'll check it again.

Edited by kryptonite

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Where are you reading your voltage from? If it's not at the amp you need to check it there

I'm interested in that 7.5db track. JS :)

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/

/end thread jack lol

my guess would be that when you hit the note that give you the least imp rise your amp draws the most power and your dropping the voltage down too low. ive seen up to a 3 volt difference between the front batt and what that amp will se during a run

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

So i was able to get outside and check everything out in the car again.

Everything is wired properly, aka pos. to pos. and neg. to neg.

The speaker connection at the amp reads between 1.1 and 0.8

Front battery voltage at rest is 12.77

Front battery voltage at idle is 14.01

Back battery voltage at rest is 12.78

Back battery voltage at idle is 14.00

I played a couple gucci songs to the point they would cut the amp out and they played through like nothing was ever a miss

idle voltage without the bass knob fluctuated between 13.8 and 13.35

idle voltage with the bass knob up dropped to a steady hold at 12.8

Like i said before i never play at a standstill unless i have the engine revving at 2000 to 2500 rpm so the drop to 12.8 at idle is negligible.

I'll hopefully have time to get some drive time in and see whats going on with it a little more. I'll put my tpi in the car with me and see what happens at the amp when and if it cuts out again. I think this is just the amps way of saying it doesn't like to play nicely with sundown subs and want to play with the new m3 8 cough cough rusty cough cough

Edit: on a side note, how do i check for imp. rise at the amp? I hooked my tpi up to the speaker connections at the amp and it went hay-wire saying ouch all the time. I'd like to see what it rises to when it does. Newb question i know lol

Edited by kryptonite

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

You can put your gain on the amp all the way up with no distortion? Never heard or seen that before.Especially if you have everything set right on the deck before you go to tune the amp. I would check all my connections that none are loose.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Yup using the dd1, have everything set to flat on the deck, zero bass boost on the amp and the distortion light doesnt come on at full gain

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor