Swordlordboy1234 Posted May 1, 2013 Report Posted May 1, 2013 I was kinda lookin at a 2:1 ratio tuned to 42. For a flat and super low response My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
Owen Hix Posted May 1, 2013 Author Report Posted May 1, 2013 soon as my builds all done ill make sure i report back to ya man. haha -05 Chevy Colorado- Kenwood KDC-352U Headunit Skar VXI-65 front component speakers Polk DXi650 rear speakers Alpine MRP-F300 4 chan. DC 3.5k Mono block 4 Skar VVX 8 D2's 3 cubes @ 28hz XS d3400 Big 3 Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165896-05-chevy-colorado-4-vvx-8s-vxi65s-daily-driver/ Bringin' car audio to this half a horse town in Iowa I call home.
Bradprobert Posted May 1, 2013 Report Posted May 1, 2013 Are you using win isd? it sure helped me while i was designing. I would take the time to plug your sub and numbers into it and check out the graphs. if you need help to read the graphs just post them up here and i will get you in the direction for your best bet on the box. [sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223] 4th-order under rear seat build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165708-4th-order-under-rear-seat-chevy-extended-cab/#entry2410477 SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .
Owen Hix Posted May 1, 2013 Author Report Posted May 1, 2013 i considered a 2:1 and then went somewhere in the middle and with my dimensions it came out higher towards the 3:1 -05 Chevy Colorado- Kenwood KDC-352U Headunit Skar VXI-65 front component speakers Polk DXi650 rear speakers Alpine MRP-F300 4 chan. DC 3.5k Mono block 4 Skar VVX 8 D2's 3 cubes @ 28hz XS d3400 Big 3 Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165896-05-chevy-colorado-4-vvx-8s-vxi65s-daily-driver/ Bringin' car audio to this half a horse town in Iowa I call home.
Swordlordboy1234 Posted May 1, 2013 Report Posted May 1, 2013 Sadly I'm a Mac user... Gotta convince the gf to use her laptop My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
Owen Hix Posted May 1, 2013 Author Report Posted May 1, 2013 Are you using win isd? it sure helped me while i was designing. I would take the time to plug your sub and numbers into it and check out the graphs. if you need help to read the graphs just post them up here and i will get you in the direction for your best bet on the box. i havent heard of that before. ill check it out and if i have any questions ill look to ya for help. thanks man. -05 Chevy Colorado- Kenwood KDC-352U Headunit Skar VXI-65 front component speakers Polk DXi650 rear speakers Alpine MRP-F300 4 chan. DC 3.5k Mono block 4 Skar VVX 8 D2's 3 cubes @ 28hz XS d3400 Big 3 Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165896-05-chevy-colorado-4-vvx-8s-vxi65s-daily-driver/ Bringin' car audio to this half a horse town in Iowa I call home.
Bradprobert Posted May 1, 2013 Report Posted May 1, 2013 I'm not sure where it is but there is a great and very easy to follow topic on here about how to use it. I think it's pinned in the enclosure subforum. [sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223] 4th-order under rear seat build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165708-4th-order-under-rear-seat-chevy-extended-cab/#entry2410477 SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .
Joe X Posted May 1, 2013 Report Posted May 1, 2013 Sadly I'm a Mac user... Gotta convince the gf to use her laptop Virtualization! , you can run windows inside a mac, get virtual box (for free) and then you can install windows on it, after that, you can run WinIsd, Torres or whatever.
Krakin Posted May 1, 2013 Report Posted May 1, 2013 Sadly I'm a Mac user... Gotta convince the gf to use her laptop Virtualization! , you can run windows inside a mac, get virtual box (for free) and then you can install windows on it, after that, you can run WinIsd, Torres or whatever. Just don't think you can run anything graphically intensive efficiently while in virtual box. I had installed it on my Mac because I had read all the scares of partitioning my drive for it. The customization of the resources virtual box can use is amazing. But the reason that graphical programs don't work that well is because the program has to make its own artificial gpu to run it. While your physical gpu can only power one operating system (OSX). Virtual box is great if you like using OSX, but I found that in my own usage windows is better for me. CAD programs and gaming being the reason. The only downside to Boot Camp (last I know of don't ever touch my OSX) is that once you have your partition made you have to make a whole new one to change the capacity of it. Which in Virtual box you change all the resources, I believe at any time. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
SnowDrifter Posted May 1, 2013 Report Posted May 1, 2013 Tune to whatever frequency the impedance spike of your rear chamber is ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.