Jump to content

Fighting a Speeding Ticket? Worth It?


Recommended Posts

Posted

My friend was telling me he got a speeding ticket and did a trial by written declaration and beat the ticket, but the officer he had did not even respond to his case so it was automatically dropped? I imagine my officer will most likely respond as our cops have nothing to do and they don't solve any real crime so he has time.

I'm wondering has anyone done this before? Is it relatively simple? How realistic is it that I get it dropped?

I'm SURE somebody is gonna bitch at me to pay the ticket and own up to my mistake but please spare me I'm not gonna bother arguing with anyone over this, I would normally pay it but I have college, car payments, and mothers day wasn't cheap so if I can get out of it I will.

I was doing 52 in a 35 zone, but that speed limit is ridiculous anyway, it's a wide open straight road that half the city takes. It was a motorcycle cop hidden in an alley got me with laser.

So anyone who wants to tell me useful information about fighting the ticket is welcome, whining and personal opinions about paying the ticket are just annoying, so please keep it to yourself.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Posted

Even if you don't really 'fight' it. Go to court. It's worth a shot if a lesser charge is presented by the district attourney. Put your money elsewhere, this country gets enough revenue from people that ACTUALLY work. Tickets can be a bit exessive in my eyes.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Posted

Depends on how much it is.

You will have to make several trips to the courthouse and lollygag through all that bullshit. Time + gas and then you're not guaranteed to get off, you might only be able to get it reduced.

Something to think about.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Posted

Just be lucky your not in the county in Tn. i live in anything 15+ over and you spend the night in jail (or more) and they impound your car and you lose your Dl for a year. And that's for your 1st offense.

Posted

You could try to get it reduced on to why you were going 52 in the 35. The best would be that the cop doesn't show.. How is your records any other previous offense that might not help you get that ticket dropped?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Posted

No no no, my whole point is a trial by WRITTEN DECLARATION. It's all mail, not even a single court appearance. You send in the letter with a check and the paper that says not guilty, contesting the ticket, then they send you some stuff and I assume that when I write out my own defense.

So far I know that if the officer does not respond, they drop it. Or if they rule against you I can still get a trial de novo and appeal it basically, which can't be done in court.

I would never fight in court because you basically can't win, and officers get PAID to be there. And they WILL bullshit the judge to get that fine paid..........

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Posted

I would never fight in court because you basically can't win, and officers get PAID to be there. And they WILL bullshit the judge to get that fine paid..........

Well, I know you say you didn't want to hear this, but you already lost when you pulled over. I'm not sure how your local laws work. Do they give you a supporting deposition with the initial traffic ticket? Do you either mail it in 'guilty' and pay it or plea 'not guilty' and they give you a court date? Getting any moving violation thrown out is not easy and can cost you more aggravation than a simple chat with the district attourney. If there's any chance at a reduction, take that as a win.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Posted

I would go to court..

its probably 2 points and about $200 fee.. go there yourself talk with prosecutor and maybe u can work sth out.. imo u can get reduced... / depends how often u get tickets lol

the other thing is that u have to calculate if its worth going there and waste a daily payment (in my case) or its better to pay ..

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8823 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...