Jump to content

plasti dip as sound deadner.


Recommended Posts

Posted

well looking at the product on amazon and I see this,

  • Will not chip, crack, peel or become brttle
  • Weatherproofs, resists chemicals, impact and abrasion. Weatherability: 3-5 Years
  • Insulates from electric shock, vibration, heat amd deadens sound.
  • Coats and Protects: Metal, Wood, Plastic, Rope/Fabric, Rubber, Glass and more
  • Color Codes & Adds grip to tool handles for a non slip comfort and control

    So what do you guys think?




Posted

Maybe great stuff or another expanding foam. Not familiar with it though so take with grain of salt.

Edit: or are you saying it is Plasti-Dip and I'm just an idiot?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

Nope. It might have some sound deadening properties (any type of coating does)

But don't expect it to perform anywhere near what car-audio deadening does. I'll bet you could spray 5 cans on 1 spot and it wouldn't make a noticeable difference

Posted

If you want sprayable sound deadening, then buy actual spray on deadener, second skin makes a very nice one.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget


2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Posted

It probably would deaden sounds and vibrations, but not the way we need it to for bass. Probably just helping keep outside noises down

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

well im not looking for it to be used as sound deadener. Was gonna try to do some parts on my jeep and I saw that. and wanted too see what your guys opinion on it.

Posted

well im not looking for it to be used as sound deadener. Was gonna try to do some parts on my jeep and I saw that. and wanted too see what your guys opinion on it.

lol your thread topic suggests you are but I think you didn't mean it that way, you were just pointing out that it has it in the description of the product.... correct? lol

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 2851 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...