Help removing OEM 3M after de-badging

Heat gun and dental floss behind the badges a lot of the time would take most of the adhesive off with the badge but sometimes not.

Goo Gone or goof off works to remove the rest and wont damage the paint but takes time. I used my thumbnail to scrap off some of the thicker adhesive while using the goo gone. Heat helps this process, I didnt use a heat gun though it was hot enough outside 100+ to heat up the vehicle enough to make the adhesive a little easier to remove still took longer than I thought it would.

After that a nice little buffing with some wax and it removed the lettering outlines and couldnt tell there were badges there anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

The best way I've found is an eraser wheel.They chuck right up in any standard drill.You can pick them up at any auto body supply store.

I was looking all over for one of these! None at Home Depot, Lowes, Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts.

Thanks for the ideas guys. It's been raining all last week and this weekend... Didn't get a chance to try anything yet.

Combo of heat gun and wax and grease remover, goo gone, oops, or any of that kind of stuff usually works for me.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Just takes elbow grease, did mine no heat gun and used goo gone. I have a gm too.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived