Alcohol possession of a minor

So last weekend we drove up in the mountains, in 2 trucks. 1 Had the beer, and the truck i was in had all the fire wood.

After maybe 45 min a sheriff pulls up and ask if there's any weapons and drugs. i tell him i have my handgun, then he sees all the beer in the bed of my friends truck (under a camper shell).

So long story short, all 5 of us get possession, when it was in 1 persons truck, i never was in the truck, never touched the beer and there was no proof any of us were going to drink. This happened at 7pm, so no one had drank anything yet.. And everyone was under 21.

I dont want to plead guilty cause i work and im about to start welding school. So now i have to pay for a attorney. since our attorney service at work only covers DUI's.

2012 Ram 3500. HTT 2nd Gen manifold Swap, HTT s465 Turbo, FASS 150, 6" S&B Intake, 5" TBE, RaceMe programmer, 8 inch tip (dumped over axle) 20x12s on 35s, 6 inch lift, Color match & haloed headlights, 30" lightbar flush mounted in bumper.

2 Sundown audio SD-2 12s and a Soundqubed Q1-1200d amp.

2000 s10 xtreme *SOLD*

1zh2yaf-1.png

so you're gonna tell me you were going up as a group and weren't gonna be drinking any of the alcohol?

lesson learned

2004 Volkswagen GLI

1 10" Skar VVX

^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^

so you're gonna tell me you were going up as a group and weren't gonna be drinking any of the alcohol?

lesson learned

just cause there's alcohol around doesn't mean we're drinking it. i was shooting my gun

The cop was dick about that and we complied the whole time. when he called for back up, the other cop told me he doesnt know why he wrote everyone up

2012 Ram 3500. HTT 2nd Gen manifold Swap, HTT s465 Turbo, FASS 150, 6" S&B Intake, 5" TBE, RaceMe programmer, 8 inch tip (dumped over axle) 20x12s on 35s, 6 inch lift, Color match & haloed headlights, 30" lightbar flush mounted in bumper.

2 Sundown audio SD-2 12s and a Soundqubed Q1-1200d amp.

2000 s10 xtreme *SOLD*

1zh2yaf-1.png

facts of the case:

minors associating together

one of the vehicle minors traveling in has liquor

cop doesn't know who traveled with who

you said "no one drank anything YET"

good luck.

:)

What just caught my attention.. a) one vehicle had alcohol. B) your all minors under 21. C) your in possession of a handgun under the age of 21.. it actually seems like you got a break with just possession of alcohol. Also there's no proof of all who rode with who, why there is indeed alcohol at the given time, and your true intentions behind the "trip".

That would suck man I don't know how it works over there but over here in Australia you only get a slap on the wrist. But we can drink at age 18 though.

(Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L:

Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box

Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU

3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub

I agree with the cop..

Under 21 means you or anyone else can not legally buy, consume, or even transport alcohol..

If no one wants to confess on whose alcohol it is, then everyone can and will be charged, and the charges will stand..

Farther more as you say your under 21, and your carrying a hand gun?

That is also illegal via Federal law, and you need to be 21 to purchase the hand gun and even the ammo. Unless it was "gifted" to you and you are in the state of TX, but Federal law trumps state. If it is a CCW weapon then you must be at least 21 years of age or at least 18 years of age if currently serving in or honorably discharged from the military.

Either way weather or not the gun is legal, you should be lucky you where not cited with a felony for underage procession of alcohol with a firearm. I know especially if your drinking even if its only 1 beer, and your far from being drunk, just the scent of alcohol on your breath with a weapon is instant felony, even if your 21.

Personally, It sounds like you have LOTS of growing up to do, and your just out asking for trouble.

Archived